"Chapter 12"

Derek Shepherd was fairly certain this was Heaven on Earth. Since their little rendezvous in the on call room a few weeks earlier, Meredith had been positively insatiable. She wanted to have sex all the time, everywhere. In his office. In supply closets. In on call rooms. In conference rooms. In the shower. In their bed. On the table in the middle of dinner. On the couch. And his personal favorite, in the image viewing room. That one had been risky. And so. Very. Hot.

He'd spent months running around and attending to Meredith's every food craving. He was willing to do anything to keep Meredith comfortable and happy while she grew their baby. But this particular craving...he was getting as much as he gave. And he hoped this one—unlike the many, short-lived previous ones-lasted a long, long time.

It seemed his wish would come true tonight. Meredith was pressing herself closer to him, hiking her thigh up over his. She slowly began kissing her way up his neck.

She made it all the way up to nibble on his ear lobe before she spoke.

"I need you," she practically purred.

"Your wish is my command," he turned his head, capturing her lips with his.

She giggled into the kiss, "Corny."

He shrugged, running his fingers through her long, wild locks, "I'm a corny guy."

She moaned as his lips attacked her collar bone, "You can be as corny as you like so long as you do your job right."

"Demanding tonight," he quipped, finding her lips once more.

She smiled coyly, a sultry look in her green eyes before rolling over to straddle him.

"Less talking. More sex," she whispered.

**************************************************************************************************
Meredith groaned as she tried for the umpteenth time to find a comfortable sleeping position. Her stomach had been a lost cause for weeks now, but she couldn't sleep on her back for too long. She'd never been able to, and pregnancy certainly wasn't helping that matter. Neither side was comfortable unless she shoved a pillow either under her bump or between her knees, but she also needed both of her pillows to be under her head. Basically, she couldn't win.

As her frustration threatened to boil over, she pulled one pillow from behind her head and used it to whack her husband. He jerked awake, running a tired hand through his unruly hair.

"What is it? Sex again?" he murmured sleepily.

Meredith rolled her eyes, "No! I can't sleep. I can't get comfortable."

"So you woke me up?" he wondered.

"Well...if I don't get to sleep, why should you?" she asked.

Derek chuckled at that, "Well then, let's figure this thing out so we can both sleep."

"It might help if you gave me one of your pillows to support my belly," she smiled sweetly.

He shrugged and reached behind his head to pull one out and hand it to her.

Meredith tucked it under her swollen belly and looked relieved for all of fifteen seconds before she frowned at him.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Your pillow isn't comfortable," she pointed out.

"Sure it is. It's a pillow," Derek argued.

"Well, mine are more comfortable," Meredith stated.

"Then why don't you use yours for this?" he wondered.

"Because I need two under my head. And I'm not going to put your uncomfortable one under my head," she explained.