Side Story: A Holomyth Christmas

Ah, hello there. Your probably wondering to yourself, who's POV is this? Well to be frank, this chapter will be from mine. Welcome to a the Side Story: A Holomyth Christmas! I'm sorry for the rhymes. Not really. I hope you guys enjoy and let us begin.

______________________________

Our story kicks off on Christmas Eve! The biggest night of the year! However, not all the Myths were happy. Gura stood over her snow covered balcony shivering and her lip quivering.

"Typically, humans (especially the children) would treat tonight like some special day. They call tonight, Christmas Eve and tomorrow Christmas Day. Some dude was born today so the whole world gets presents from this fat guy in a red suit with flying reindeer. Yeah right." Gura thought to herself.

Since she's from Atlantis, Christmas was a foreign concept to her and didn't believe in the Jolly Old St. Nick.

"Gura shut the door! It's freezing outside!" Ame shouted with hot coco in hand.

"Yes please, I don't even know how you can stand out there with no pants!" Ina added as Gura huffed and puffed inside as she shut the door.

"I still don't understand why you hate Christmas so much Gura! It's the best time of the year! You get presents, you can play in the snow, you get a chance to get together with the people you know, and you have a delicious feast too!" Kiara said with joy.

"I never got to do that in Atlantis, it's just not fair!" The shark girl said as she pouted in her chair. "When I was young, I was such a good girl, but this 'Santa Claus' didn't even give me a pearl!"

Calli sighed as she listened to argument and thought, "Santa is real! I've met him before!"
Suddenly she got an idea. "Let's watch Christmas movies! Surely that will teach her the importance of Christmas and Santa!"

"That's a *hic* great plan!" Ame shouted.

"Bark bark (yes I agree!)" Bubba barked.

"See? Even Bubba likes the plan!" Calli said.

"Fine. Let's watch some dumb movies." Gura sighed.

After a while of binging movies like The Polar Express, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus is Comin' To Town, and Frosty the Snowman, Gura sighed as the sun set.

"That was a complete waste of time." She had said in her mind.

"But we haven't tried one of the most important things of all! Singing holiday tunes!" Calli smiled.

Gura's head instantly perked up.

"Can we sing! I don't like Christmas, but if anything, can we please sing!" She begged and pleaded.

"Well of course we can sing!" Kiara smiles and patted Gura's head.

After a while of singing some holiday tunes, pops and crackles could be heard in the distance. The girls ran to the balcony in an instant. Fireworks were booming overhead. Red, green, yellow and blue. And for Gura, this was completely brand new.

"Wow." Gura said amazed. Her heart started to beat faster.

Suddenly, jingle bells could be heard in the distance. A faint red light shown in the darkness.

"SANTA!" The girls screamed.

"I can't believe he's real." Gura stood in disbelief. Santa came to the girls and handed them all a present. First Kiara, then Calli. Next Ame and Ina. And finally, Gura.

"Ho Ho Ho. Hello Gawr Gura. I know you didn't really believe in me or the spirit of Christmas. But in that box, is the greatest gift of all. Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!" He said as he flew off.

Gura opened the present and saw a framed photo of her and her friends.
It was at this moment, she realized the true meaning of Christmas. To spend time with those you love and to give joy to the memories you made together.

"Oh nyo. I-I'm so sorry everyone. I thought that Christmas was stupid. But I finally understand now. Christmas is about spending time with those you love and thanking them for everything they've done." She started to cry. "I'm sorry that I was such a bummer today."

All the girls huddled around her.

"It's okay Gura." They all said.

"Let's go inside and watch some more Christmas movies." Kiara said and the other girls happily agreed.

And so, the girls went inside as snow began to fall,
knowing that friendship, was the greatest gift of all.

THE END

______________________________

I hope you all enjoyed that reading. I know I did. I want to thank you all for reading my stories. I never would've thought that even a single person would enjoy what I write. So thank you. Happy New Year everyone!
-Author-sama