Ten

We had gotten back from Cabo a week ago and man did I miss the beach and the warmth and everything that comes with Cabo. AJ is in town for a little while visiting mom and what not, so he and I are meeting up for lunch today. 

As I was getting ready for lunch my phone rang. I looked down and it was my dad. I sighed and really hesitated answering it, but I slid my finger across the screen and accepted the call. "Hello?" I said as I put the phone on speaker. 

"Hey Savannah, I didn't expect you to answer. How are you?" He asked. "I've been good, what do you want?" I asked as I wanted to get straight to the point. "I just wanted to talk to you, I know that you and I haven't been on good terms the past couple of years and I wanted to catch up with you." He said. 

"You cut me off when I went to Boston dad, I don't think there is much to rekindle. You made it very clear then that you wanted nothing to do with me." I said and looked to the door to see Cody standing there listening to our conversation. 

"Savannah, you know how many times I have apologized for that?" He said and I sighed. "I know you have but that doesn't make what you did right. You let me go off to Boston alone, with no dad, no support. I could have died out there and you wouldn't have known since you wanted nothing to do with me and now that you know that I work with AJ and the Dodgers you want back into my life? Everything just seems fishy to me dad." 

"Savannah, I am true and honest in everything that I say right now, I went to rehab, I was there for three months, I know that AJ told you cause he and I have a great relationship now. I want that relationship with you back. I'm sorry for everything I ever did to you Savannah. I don't want to ever think about who I was back then. I was a whole different person. Let me try and make this up to you." 

I could tell he was being genuine, I could hear it in his voice. I sighed and looked at Cody and he gave me a nod. "I guess I can try, but nothing too extreme." I said. "Good, because AJ invited me to your lunch with him today." God fucking dammit AJ. 

"Yeah of course he did." I said rolling my eyes. "I will see you later Savannah. I still love you, you're my little girl." He said. "Yeah I'll see you later." I said and then hung up, I couldn't tell him that I loved him again, I need to see if he's really changed. 

"I'm proud of you." Cody said coming behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. I sighed and leaned back against him. "I don't know how I feel about this Cody, I just have a bad feeling about this. I just don't know what it is." I said.

"It's not going to be that bad babe, I promise." He said kissing my cheek. "Well I'm glad that one of us is optimistic." I said. He let me go and I finished getting ready for the day. I put on a pair of black ripped jeans with a white t-shirt and some vans and threw my hair up in a ponytail.

"Babe, AJ is here!" Cody yelled from downstairs. "Coming!" I said as I grabbed my phone and my purse and then went downstairs. "Sav, you look tanner than I last saw you and I don't know how that is possible." AJ said as I gave him a hug. 

"Well I did just come back from Cabo, so that's a thing. Cody, I'll be back later." I said giving him a kiss and then leaving with AJ. "I can't believe you invited dad." I said as he was driving. "How did you know that?" He asked. 

"He called me this morning and wanted to talk about everything. You should've told me that you were inviting him." I said. "I feel like if I told you, you would have said no to coming to lunch with us." He said and I sighed. 

"I mean you're probably not wrong, but still AJ, you know our relationship is rocky, he said he wasn't to work on things, and I'm willing but I still have a bad feeling about this." I said as we pulled into the parking lot. I smiled at where we were. Olive Garden. 

"Dad and I knew this was your favorite, so we figured we would go here to loosen you up a bit." He said with a laugh. "Great strategy." I said getting out of the car. I looked towards the door and my breath caught in my throat when I saw him standing there. 

"Sav, are you okay?" He said and he followed my gaze to the door and I could feel him fuming standing next to me. "What the fuck is he doing here?" I asked. "I don't know, but we're going to pretend like we don't know him." AJ said as we started walking towards the door. 

"Savannah? Is that you?" He said and I sighed to look at the man who broke my heart in high school. "Yes, Alex. It's me." I said not looking at him cause I know I'll break down if I do. "How have you been?" He asked. 

"Just fine living the dream in LA, out here for the off season and then spring training." I said finally looking up at him. "We should catch up sometime, see if we can pick up where we left off." He said, I wanted to throw up. 

"Absolutely not, you broke my heart and cheated on me, why do you think I would ever get back with you?" I asked. "Because I still love you Savvy." He said. "Nope, I don't think so. Plus I have a boyfriend now so can kindly fuck off." I said walking into the restaurant. 

"You're going to regret that Savannah!" I heard him say and I sighed when we sat down at the booth. "Are you okay?" AJ asked. "Nope not one bit, I knew I shouldn't have come out today at all." I said and just then our dad sat down next to AJ.

I sighed and smiled at him, being all nice and whatnot. "I saw Alex out there, are you okay?" He asked, he knows everything that happened between the two of us. "No, not one bit. But let's not talk about him, I don't want to ever think about him again." I said. 

We ordered and made some small talk. "So, AJ said you have a boyfriend and he's on the team, is he good to you?" He asked and I smiled at the thought of Cody. "He's a dream dad. He treats me so well, we actually just got back from Cabo with his family and they're all amazing." I said and he smiled. 

"I would like to meet him one day when you and I have a better relationship if that's okay with you." He's being super gentle and patient and now sitting here I can really tell that he's changed. "I think we can make that happen. Listen, I know I haven't been the most warming person to you the past couple of years, but sitting here and seeing you and realizing that you've changed, I am really sorry for pushing you away. I do love you dad, that never stopped." I said and he smiled. 

"I love you too Sav, thank you for giving me another chance. I promise not to fuck it up again." He said. I truly believed that he was a changed man, now that is one thing off my plate, Alex, well, that's a whole different story.