Thirteen

Today was the start of spring training and I haven't seen or heard from Cody since he told me to leave and he broke up with me. I am 16 weeks pregnant now and I have a little bump going. I am still over the moon that I am having a baby and I have been hanging out a lot with Christian since Cody and I have broken up. 

I rolled out of bed as I had a doctor's appointment to go today as I was finding out the gender of my baby. It feels weird to say my baby and not our baby. I don't know if I could forgive Cody for what he did, I mean this is his child, so I'll have to let him back in at some point right?

I got into the shower and got ready for the day as I was going back to work right after the appointment. "Hey are you ready to go? We have to get going now otherwise we will be late." AJ said coming into my room. 

"Yeah, let me just grab my bag." I said. "Hey little one, uncle AJ here, can't wait to meet you." He said to my stomach giving it a rub. "God to the naked eye it would look like we were married, but we're siblings." I said with a laugh. 

"I saw Cody the other day." He said as he was driving. "Oh, how did that go?" I asked. "He asked how you were doing and I can tell he honestly regrets every single thing that he did." AJ said. "Good, as he should. He hurt me and the baby hard, you saw how much it affected me. I almost lost the baby. Did he say anything else to you?"

"Yeah, he wants to sit down and talk with you and explain." He said. I sighed, I don't want that but I need what's best for the baby. We got to the office and went in right away as I was the first appointment. 

"Alright Savannah, are we finding out what the little one is today?" My doctor asked. "Yes, I don't think I can't not know any longer." I said and she laughed. "Alright, pull up your shirt and this is going to be a little cold." She said as she put the jelly on my stomach. 

"Alright, baby looks perfectly healthy and the baby is a boy." She said turning the screen to me and showing me that it was in fact a boy. "Yes, Uncle AJ is going to be so fun." AJ said next to me and I laughed. 

"Still measuring on time for August 8th. I have recommended a doctor for you out in LA since I know that's where you'll be, call her when you get back out there and set up an appointment for you when you're back so you can meet her." 

"Sounds good thank you so much." I said as I shook her hand and we left the office and headed to the park. "So what is baby Pollock going to be?" JT asked as we entered the clubhouse. "Pollock?" Cody asked coming out of nowhere. "Yes Pollock. And HE is a boy!" I said and the guys cheered and gave me hugs. 

"Can we talk?" Cody asked. "I have a job to do and I really want nothing to do with you anymore Cody, not with someone who broke my heart." I said walking past him. "Savannah please, hear me out." He said following me. 

"Hear you out? What the fuck do you think you're doing? You told me to get out, you told me that you were breaking up with me. You obviously want nothing to do with this child and all for what Cody? So you can keep your manwhore image up? I know of at least six girls that you slept with since December. SIX. That is absolutely pathetic and I wouldn't want my son around that or growing up to be the same way." I said and it felt so good to get that off my chest. 

"He's our son Sav. I fucked up big time. I realized that when Christian even told me how bad I fucked up." He said and I cut him off. "See that's the problem, people shouldn't have to tell you that you fucked up. You should have never ever done what you did. I lost the best thing that had happened to me in a long time. You broke my heart Cody. You left me and our child." 

"Savannah, I am so madly in love with you I don't know what to do with myself. The way I reacted wasn't right and I'm realizing that and apologizing for it. I want to be there for our kid, I want to be there for you. Please let me make it up to you." He said and he was crying, you know when guys cry it's the real shit and they mean it. 

"I don't know Cody, I have to think about it. I really don't know what to do, and I have to get to work." I said turning around from him and walking into the trainers room and closing the door.

I slid down the door and sat on the floor, what in the hell am I supposed to do now? I understand that he wants to be in the babies life and I want that too but I can't forgive him for just up and leaving me when I needed him the most. 

I sighed and got up off the floor and went out to the field to make sure everything was going right. We were playing the Brewers today so I smiled when I saw Christian walking over to me. "There's the momma to be! How are you feeling today?" He asked as he hugged me. 

"As good as I can be for seeing Cody for the first time since he left." I said. "How did that go?" He asked. "I chewed him out. I told him I knew about the girls that he's slept with and how badly he fucked up. He wants back in and I just can't do that right now." I said. 

"It's going to be hard at first but you're going to have to talk to him about everything sooner or later, I know how badly you want him to be in... wait what are you having you didn't tell me!" He said mid sentence and I laughed. 

"I'm having a boy." I said and he smiled. "Alright so back to my last sentence, I know how badly you want him to be in your sons life and you're just going to have to listen to what he has to say at some point." He said. 

"You know I hate it when you're right?" I asked and he smiled. "I know you do, but it's just how it is." 

savpollock: Sixteen weeks with my little MAN! I can't wait to be a boy mommy!