Fifty Epilogue

Today is Cody's last day as a Dodger, he is retiring, finally at the age of 40. 19 years in the MLB and all with just two teams, the Cubs and the Dodgers. I have remained with the Dodgers as well, so going back and forth between Chicago and LA was hard, but now that Cody is retiring, I am taking a job with the Diamondbacks so I can remain in Arizona during the season and not have to come back out to LA. 

The kids are doing so well. Alex and Logan are both playing baseball, and are both 14 years old already and thriving in high school as freshman. Macy is 11 already and man is she sassy and just like me. She is currently into playing soccer and is doing very well at it. 

We had Caroline Sage on February 20th, 2026 and she is 10 and loving every minute of dance and gymnastics. 

We had a couple of more babies after Caroline, we had Nathan Dalton on December 13th, 2028 and he is 7, loving basketball much to Cody's dislike, he's actually pretty good for being 7. Our last baby, Charles Joel, we call him Charlie, was born on April 21st, 2031 and he is 5. 

He really isn't into many sports yet, but he has taken a liking to baseball like his dad and brothers. 

"Are you guys ready to head out to the stadium for the last game?" I asked as I came downstairs as Alex and Logan were hanging out in the living room with some of their friends. "Yes mom, we are ready, not sure about the others." Logan said. 

"Kids let's go, we're going to be late." I yelled up the stairs for them. I have the day off, Michael, yes he is still working with me, is covering the whole department along with our student interns that we still have. 

Michael is going to be the head of the department when I leave to head to Arizona, he tried to come with me, but the front office staff wouldn't let him. Everyone filed into the car and off to the stadium we went. 

We went through the players entrance as they were honoring Cody and he wanted us to be on the field for it. 

"Mrs. Bellinger, it's great to see you and kids the again." The security guard said to us as we walked into the stadium. "It's great to see you too, I will definitely miss seeing you every game that's for sure." I said with a smile as we walked past him. 

"There's my lovely wife and all my amazing kids." Cody said as we walked onto the field. He came over and kissed me and hugged the kids as Charlie ran over to him. Charlie is a big daddy's boy, he loves Cody more than life itself. 

"Today before the game we are honoring one of our favorite players that has played with this organization. He may have left briefly to play with the Cubs, but he found his was back home not that long ago. He's won a Rookie of the Year in 2017, NLCS MVP in 2018, NL MVP, Gold Glove and Silver Slugger in 2019, won his first World Series in 2020, another in 2024, 2028 and 2032. Multiple Silver Sluggers and Gold Gloves and a couple of more NLCS MVPs and a couple of World Series MVPs as well. We welcomed him with open arms in 2017 and he has been a part of this family for 19 years and many more to come. Everyone please give Cody Bellinger a big round of applause in playing his last regular season game here at Dodger Stadium." 

"It's been an honor to play here at Dodger Stadium for the almost the entirety of my career. Dodger fans are the best and I've been proud to call LA my home for the past 19 years, even when I went to Chicago. I am very sad that I am here playing my last game, but I am so thankful for all the memories that this place has given me. My loving wife Savannah, and my kids, Alex, Logan, Macy, Caroline, Charlie and Nathan and I have so much love for the organization and the fans here. We will forever be a part of this family here in LA, you can't get rid of us that easily. Thank you for the warm welcome back in 2017 and I thank you again for the goodbye this year, I'll never forget you guys, Dodger Blue forever!" 

The crowd went crazy as he came over and kissed me. "I love you Savannah, thank you for always being by my side." 

"I love you too Cody, I will be by your side forever."