Chapter 9: Taking Action

Hiro and the gang were working - well, the best Hiro could with one arm - on some security cameras, shock bracelets and collars, and a few tracking devices. Oh, and Honey Lemon was working on a syrum to make the men fall asleep, so that they could attach everything onto the men. While they were in the workshop with the men in a separate room, Aunt Cass was back in the cafè, keeping the business going for money. She wanted to help out, though.

"Hey, Fred can you pass me that screwdriver?" Hiro pointed to a screwdriver at the end of the table.

"Sure," Fred said calmly, which was strange for him- He's Fred..!

Fred handed Hiro the screwdriver and everything was quiet again, until Aunt Cass ran in a few minutes later.

"Hey guys, I was just checking in. I can't stand you guys alone with them. I have Baymax watching the cafè," Aunt Cass said as her usual self. "So...how's everything going?"

"Good," everyone but Hiro answered.

"Yeah, it's going great," Hiro said. "We just need to make a few finishing touches on the shock collars and we'll be done with them."

"Alright... Well, I'm going to go try and give Callaghan and the man in the trench coat some food.. They're criminals, but even I don't want them to starve." Aunt Cass explained.

As Aunt Cass walked out, the gang continued working, and in just a few minutes, they were done with the collars. Hiro went around the big table, picking up the finished collars and helping them clean up.

"Okay guys, we'll finish tomorrow. We've made some progress today." Hiro said, smiling. Right after he finished talking, he heard Aunt Cass's voice.

"Hey, I'm going to stay with those two for a little while, just to have someone watching them. Just make sure to tell me if Baymax reports something about the café to you guys, okay?" She said, loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Okay, I'll start my shift later," Hiro shouted back. As Hiro finished picking up with the others, he walked into the café to look over it.

"Hey, aren't you guys a little tired? You don't have to stay." Hiro told the gang, who were just walking into the café.

"We'd rather keep you company!" Honey Lemon squealed.

"Okay, I'll go get us some drinks and we can talk about Callaghan and the guy in the trench coat. Wasabi, could you come and help me?" Hiro said, walking into the kitchen with Wasabi. A couple minutes later, they came out with a big platter with five drinks on it.

"Iced tea for Honey, coke for Gogo, Fred, and me, and lemonade for Wasabi." Hiro passed out the drinks as he was talking.

"Thanks," everyone said, and began to sip on their drinks.

"So, what are we-" Hiro was cut off by someone screaming. Everyone jerked their heads up, exchanged worried looks, rushed to where they were keeping Callaghan and Trench Coat, and saw Aunt Cass lying on the floor next to the men. Hiro saw that Trench Coat had taken one of his arms out, somehow, and was holding Callaghan's taser.

"I knew tying them together was a bad idea!" Wasabi shouted.

Hiro ran to Aunt Cass, sliding down to the floor as he reached her. He turned her around and saw that Aunt Cass's eyes were closed. His eyes began to fill with tears, but his heart and mind filled with anger. He looked up angrily at the two men, and they were smiling evilly. As soon as they saw Hiro's outraged and water-filled eyes, though, their smiles vanished and turned into a frown. They quickly tried to start running (or hopping, seeing that their hands and ankles were still tied) away, but Trench Coat accidentally dropped the taser.

"No, no no no no no NO!" Hiro yelled, shaking his aunt's body. He stood up, wiping his eyes with a look so evil even Callaghan didn't know what to do. Hiro stomped to the gang - clearly outraged - and whispered something in their ears. The gang ran off, and Hiro just called for Baymax. He rammed his armor on, not caring about how much it hurt his arm. Less than a minute later, everyone came out, all dressed in their armor. Baymax had his armor, and Hiro started to take out his healthcare chip.

"Hiro, no! You can't!" Honey shouted with a worried face, knowing what would happen.

Hiro looked back at Honey, paused for a moment, lost in his memories, and slowly pushed in Baymax's chip cartridge. He nodded his head to the gang, and the action began.

Hiro jumped onto Baymax and scanned the area, while Honey snuck around the dark street. Fred super-jumped and clung to a power line while looking out, and Gogo whizzed around. The men had tripped on the road, then fell down, which actually broke their ankle chains. They jumped up again, breaking the arm chains, and both took out their guns.
"ARGGHH! I knew we forgot something!" Hiro yelled through his microphone installed inside his helmet. "How could we forget to remove their weapons?!"

Baymax and Hiro flew in a circle, which was a warning signal.

Fred let go of the power line, landing right in front of the men. He breathed fire in a circle around them, making them not be able to escape. As Fred kept relighting the flames, Honey threw two chem-balls, splatting on their guns, and they hardened as the oxygen in the air mixed with the chemicals that were stored inside the chem-balls. They dropped their guns realizing they couldn't get that off, and both pulled something out their shirts. It was some kind of device that the gang had never seen before. Everyone exchanged confused glances, but soon resumed their attack. Honey tried throwing two more chem-balls, but accidentally hit Gogo with one and Wasabi with the other.

"Sorry!" Honey shouted to them as they hurried to clear the dark fog. As soon as the fog cleared, Gogo threw her discs, hitting the men in the face, and the discs knocked them down. The devices fell out of their hands and accidentally went off, both heading towards Wasabi.

"AAHHH!" He screamed, sounding like a little girl, and put his laser-hands in front of his face. Luckily his lasers were on, or else two large, heavy bullets would have reached Wasabi by now.

Hiro grabbed Honey's hand, and lifted her onto Baymax's back. They flew over the flames, and Honey once again threw chem-balls, but four this time. Two fell onto the men's devices, making globs over them so that they couldn't grab the devices. The other two hit the men in the face, so they couldn't see anything, causing them to bump into each other and fall down.

Suddenly, Hiro heard someone calling his name.

"Hiro! Hiro, where are you...?!" The voice shouted. Everyone stopped what they were doing, even the men. Hiro leaped off of Baymax and ran to the voice, which sounded like Aunt Cass's... Because it was.

"Oh, Hiro! I saw everything! I'm so glad you're okay!" Aunt Cass said, embracing her nephew very tightly.

"I'm just glad you're okay!" Hiro shouted, returning the hug. "When I saw you on the floor, I-I just thought..." Hiro trailed off, looking to the ground. He didn't even want to say it.

Everyone but Gogo and Fred, who were trying to bring over Callaghan and Trench Coat, gathered around, relieved looks on their faces.

Just as Fred and Gogo dragged the men to where everyone else was standing, Hiro began to talk, looking up at Aunt Cass with a grin on his face.

"So, what now?"