004

The trio (the kids.) were still running, their legs catching up the pace of the other contestants. They were running like their legs won't give up. This first exam is only a piece of cake for Y/N. (or as he thought.)

Leorio was in the far back - panting heavily as sweats trickles down on his face. He was gonna be honest, he was so tired and wanting to give up, but he promised to himself that he wouldn't. Faith is really fighting inside him.

'Every one rookie, every three years, passes the Hunter Exam. So for a normal human like me, it isn't even worth dreaming about.....' he mentally thought and clutches his suitcase tightly 'Damn it.' he cursed. Dropping his suitcase instantly, bends down slightly and puts his hands on both of his knees, catching his breath.

The senses of the trio immediately snapped. Y/n and killua thought that Leorio will give up, so it's the best that they will leave him there, they continued to run until Gon stopped from his tracks as killua and Y/n stops and turns around to face Gon.

"Hey, forget him,let's get going." Killua said as Y/n nodded "-We need to catch up." Y/n added and his vipee crawls up on his neck and hissed - completely agreeing.

Meanwhile, Gon who was looking at Leorio's tired and pity state - he knew that his new friend won't give up so easily like that. Yeah, let's say he acted like the dick when he first met him but that doesn't mean he can change.

Killua and Y/n are waiting patiently at Gon to continue running but he's just standing there, looking at Leorio.

Leorio relax himself for a moment and took a deep breath "Screw it..." He immediately dashed so fast as a trail of air are trailing behind his back - he passed on the trio, completely forgotting his bag. "IM GONNA BE A HUNTER! DAMN IT ALL!" he shouted.

Gon was looking at Leorio's running figure, he smiled at his friend that doesn't gave up. While Y/n and  Killua looked at each other and shrugged it off.

Gon grabs his fishing rod to get Leorio's suitcase, he catches in ease while Y/n and Killua looked at Gon and on his fishing rod in awe.

"Cool!" Killua grinned, Y/n nodding in agreement and they continued to run. Y/n used his skateboard again, Killua and Gon doesn't even care, and he wasn't surprised. His viper hid inside of his shirt, want to take a rest.

"Let me try that later."

"Me too."

"If you two let me try your skateboards, okay?"

----

"We've reached the eighty-kilometer mark,it is now time to pick up the pace a bit." Satotz explained while he run up on the stairs with ease.

The examinees followed his lead and runs up on the stairs while the others continued to dropped out.

"Wait, are you serious?"

"That guy's insane,he's prancing up the stairs, as if they're not even there."

"If he keeps up this pace, tons of people will fail."

Meanwhile with Y/n, Gon and Killua are still running, well except for Y/n of course.

"Gon, Y/n, wanna race to see who finishes first?" Killua challenged.

"Sure! The loser has to buy a dinner." Gon agreed.

"Okay, you're on!" Killua exclaimed.

"Oi, you still owe me earlier!" Y/n argued.

"I know!" Killua argue back.

They were close into the stairs and Y/n hopped off on his skateboard and holds it like earlier and starts to run.

"Ready.."

"Go!"

They all said in unsion and runs much faster before.