Chapter 2

It was Friday and Stephen was at Tony's place. Tony wouldn't shut up about Steve Rogers and Tony was texting Steve the whole time during their visit. This annoyed Stephen a lot. Stephen wanted to spend the time with Tony and just Tony but Tony was busy texting Steve.

Of course, Stephen didn't say anything about it. He just pretended like everything was okay and just smiled.

Tony ordered them pizza and put Breaking Bad on. The pair watched Breaking Bad together on their time off.

"Steve is so fucking hilarious. He told me the funniest joke", Tony laughed.

Stephen didn't bother asking what the joke was. "Cool cool."

"Next week I'm introducing you to Steve".

"Can't wait", Stephen muttered as he took a bite of his pizza.

"What restaurant should I take Steve to?"Tony asked Stephen.

"Uhh... McDonald's", Stephen responded.

"I'm not taking him to McDonald's. A pretty boy like him needs to be taken to the fanciest restaurant and McDonald's is trash".

Stephen rolled his eyes. "McDonald's isn't trash. Their food is delicious".

"Stephen, that's why I never let you pick the places we eat at... Since you always pick trashy restaurants".

"Well excuse me for loving fast food", Stephen said looking directly at Tony with a smirk.

Tony smirked back and looked back at his phone. "I wonder if Steve likes Italian food".

"I'm pretty sure he likes it. I mean who wouldn't?"

"Bruce doesn't like it", Tony replied.

"Are you fucking serious!?"Stephen yelled.

"Yes, I am! Next time he comes over... I'm ordering Italian food", Tony joked.

Stephen laughed a bit. "Oh wow".

Stephen placed another slice of pizza on his plate.

Tony continued to text Steve.

Tony: Can't wait for tomorrow😊

Steve: Me either😁

Tony: What's your favorite emoji?

Steve: This one 😁 and ❤. You?

Tony: 🐶

Steve: Aww so cute!

Stephen leans over Tony to see what he's laughing so hard about.

"Y'all are really talking about emojis?"Stephen smirked.

"Yes, we are Stephen. Have a problem with that?"

"No. It's just weird is all".

"It's not weird".

Stephen didn't reply back. He pulled out his phone and read the time. He didn't work tomorrow. He was trying to decide if he should go home early or stay. He decided to stay a while longer.

"I think I will take Steve to a fancy burger restaurant since everyone loves burgers".

"Good deal", Stephen replied.

Stephen pulled his phone out and texted his friend Wong.

Stephen: Are you busy?

Wong: Nope. What's up?

Stephen: Can I come over? I need an excuse to leave Tony's place.

Wong: Why are you trying to leave Tony?

Stephen: Because he won't shut up about his new boyfriend and I'm getting annoyed with him.

Wong: Fine.

Stephen: Thank You.

Stephen put his phone away and looked at Tony.

"Tony I'm gonna go. Wong needs help with something".

Tony didn't look at Stephen, instead, he stared at his phone. "Okay, whatever?"

"Okay, whatever" lingered in Stephen's mind. Those words hurt. Stephen felt like Tony stopped caring about him. He didn't reply back. Stephen turned around and left Tony's place.

Stephen showed up at Wong's house. Wong let him in. Wong instantly could tell that something was bothering Stephen.

"Stephen, what's wrong?"Wong asked.

"I told Tony I was leaving and he just said," Okay whatever". He didn't even look at me. I feel like he doesn't care about me anymore".

"Stephen let me stop you right there. Of course Tony cares about you. He's your best friend."

"Yeah, but he never said "okay whatever", before".

"I don't think he meant it", Wong said, trying his best to comfort his friend.

Stephen licked his lips and sighed. "You're properly right. I just feel like once Tony and his new "boyfriend" start dating... he's gonna stop hanging out with me".

"Tony wouldn't stop hanging out with you. You're his best friend", Wong informed.

Stephen shook his head. "When we start hanging out... It will be me, Tony, and his new "boyfriend". I'll be the one-third wheeling."

"That's not true Stephen".

"Yes, it is".

"Stephen, why is it bothering you so much?"Wong questioned.

Stephen looked away from Wong and started at the floor. " Because I'm in love with him,'' he confessed.

Wong wasn't expecting him to say that. "How come you didn't tell Tony this?"

"Because I don't want to ruin our friendship", he admitted.

"Well you should at least tell him how you feel", Wong said.

"I'm not doing that", Stephen said as he looked at Wong.

"How long have you been in love with him?"

"Ever since I met him", Stephen answered.

"Damn", replied Wong

"Yeah", Stephen sighed.

Just then Stephens phone buzzed and it was Tony.

Tony: Where are you? I thought you went to the restroom?

Stephen rolled his eyes at Tony's message

Stephen: I'm at Wong's.

Tony: Why?

Stephen: Because I'm helping him with something. I told you this when I left.

Tony: Well you weren't clear enough.

Stephen: I was clear. You were just too busy texting your new boyfriend to pay attention.

Tony: He's not my boyfriend yet.

Stephen: Okay, whatever.

Tony: So you're gonna come back?

Stephen: Nope, maybe tomorrow.

Tony: Come tomorrow. I need help picking out an outfit for my date.

Stephen: Fine.

Tony: Thank You, Stephen.

Stephen: No Problem. Anyways I gotta go and help Wong.

Tony: Okay.

Stephen put his phone away.

"Was that Tony?"Wong asked.

"Uh... yeah. Tony wants me to come over tomorrow and help him pick an outfit out for his date."

"Good luck with that Stephen".

"I'm gonna need all the luck in the world to get through it".