The Start

Walking near the water, you almost fall in. You look in the water for a moment. The crisp, blue color keeps your attention. Blue. Blue...
"Oh, shit," you gasp. You promised Ghostbur you would meet him. You can't believe you forgot as you make your way to Your Mine. You hope you're not late as you look at the sun. It starts to set. You push your pace to a run and stop outside. Looking around, you don't see Ghostbur anywhere.
" 'Bur, I'm sorry," you call out. "I didn't mean to be late. I brought music." You hear a sheep bleat and look out that direction. A blue sheep. A smile spreads across your face. "Friend! How are you doing today?" You walk over and pat his head. "Stunning today, you little immortal you."
You look up when you hear running. Your smile widens. You weren't the only one who forgot, it seems.
"Hello!" Ghostbur calls out to you. You stand up straight and cross your arms.
"I can't believe you were late."
"I'm sorry, I was talking with Tommy and there was a lot going on and I didn't realize it was almost night."
Friend nudges against your leg. You smile at and drop your arms.
"I'm messing with you. I got here like ten seconds before you did." Ghostbur looks relieved.
"I thought you were mad at me! I can't believe you." You just laugh as you pull out your pickaxe.
"Are you ready?" you ask.
"I am! I already know where some blue is. Thank you for helping."
" 'Course," you respond. "Who was helping you before?"
"No one," Ghostbur shrugs. "I was finding it."
"Finding it or taking it?"
"..." He runs off into the mine. You shake your head, pet Friend one more time, then follow.
"You know I can't help you mine it if I don't know where you're going, right?" you call out. You don't hear him respond. You stop running and start playing some music. You hear footsteps approaching ahead of you.
"I know this song!" Ghostbur says excitedly.
"It's my favorite," you note. "Used it to come out once."
"I like the part about ghosts." He smiles at you. You smile back. "I also don't have any torches."
" 'Bur! That was your whole job! Now we aren't gonna have any light down here," you cross your arms.
"... Can I hold your hand?"
You begrudgingly put your hand out. He holds on tightly. After you get deeper into the dark cave, you hold on tighter too.
"What if there are monsters down here?" Ghostbur mutters next to you.
"You can't die, remember? You're a ghost." Ghostbur looks at you. You don't know how you can tell he looks at you in the dark, but you can. "Don't look at me like that."
"Like what? You can't see my face." You're about to respond when you hear a hissing sound. "Duck back!"
You don't let go of Ghostbur's hand when you start backing up, and you both fall. You hear the click and pull Ghostbur back with you. You still get hit with the blast, but it hurts a lot less.
"Are you okay?" Ghostbur asks as you both sit up.
"I think... We should go out and get torches. We can't see shit in here without them." You stand up slowly and make your way back out of the cave. It's dark when you get out.
"This isn't much better," Ghostbur says playfully.
"Correct," you agree. "I have torches in a chest somewhere. I knew you'd forget them," you joke. Ghostbur punches your arm lightly. You laugh again.
"Well, let's go find them."