Chapter 3: Over 85

Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/56mGestJCqCx3BLrjQdMoh?si=s6iY1bbBQli1sEDBW45Qvg
-

Gihun's slumber was broken by the sun's rays pouring through the windows onto his face. He sat up and rubbed his eyes as the sleep faded from his body. For a few moments he couldn't recognise his surroundings through his sleepy haze, but everything came back to him when he looked around the room. "Good morning." Sangwoo said, "I ordered breakfast for both of us." He was leaning against the headboard with a half-eaten plate of toast and eggs. His hair looked fluffy and slightly damp, but his overall appearance seemed freshened. Gihun noticed the tray of food on the nightstand. "There's spare toothbrushes and toothpaste in the bathroom. You can take a shower too. We'll shop for clothes when we get the chance." Gihun stretched and nodded.

.

"Hey Sangwoo."

"Yes?" He glanced up at Gihun drying his hair. "You know so much about me, and I know so little about you. I've told you about my family, my boyfriend, my job... yet all I can say about you is your name and age. It wouldn't hurt to open up a little, would it? It's not like we're getting rid of each other anytime soon." Sangwoo unfolded his glasses and set them on top of his ears. "What would you like to know?" Gihun really wanted to ask about his peculiar behaviour on the train, but he knew it was overstepping and he should avoid upsetting Sangwoo. There were numerous other inquiries he had about the male. "What do you work as? I figured some kind of business career from your wardrobe."

"I'm a corporate banker. We give people financial advice. The pay is very sufficient. I graduated from SNU. Top of the class, actually." Gihun almost choked on the piece of toast in his mouth. "SNU? The one with the 1% acceptance rate? The best University in the country?" "That's the one." Sangwoo felt amused by Gihun's bewilderment. "So, this whole time I've been in the presence of a rich genius huh?" Sangwoo scoffed. "Anything else?"

Gihun examined Sangwoo's fingers. "You're not married. Are you single? Or do you have someone?" Sangwoo's expression fell stoic and Gihun thought he said something wrong again until he reached into his front pocket. A photograph. One of a young, handsome man. It was evident that it was taken a very long time ago. "Is that your boyfriend? Wow, you're seriously lucky!" Sangwoo shook his head solemnly. "No. I'm not lucky. We're not together anymore."

"Oh..." Gihun pursed his lips. "It's okay. I'm sure there's someone better for you out there." He perked up, eyes sparkling with anticipation. "Tell you what, I have an idea! Do you have a lighter?" Sangwoo reached into his pant pocket and pulled it out, curious what his hyung had in mind.

"Now what you're going to do is burn that photograph." Sangwoo looked at him like he just said he believed in the tooth fairy. "Why would I-?"

"Just do it! Trust me, you'll feel so good after. It's the last step to completely getting rid of him from your life. He's not coming back, so no point carrying his picture around. It's time to move on, Sangwoo." Sangwoo stared at the floor and pondered. He supposed the older man had a point. He hasn't seen his ex-lover in years. He'd probably forgotten about him. Now it was his turn to do the same. "You're right."

And there he was, watching the treasured photograph he had carried with him for the last three years go up in flames. The last lingering amount of love he had for that man went with it. He was done. "It worked. I feel a lot better." Sangwoo said, hints of smile gracing his lips. "I told you! Now I've got one last question... Do you think I'm hot?" Out of everything Sangwoo was expecting, it certainly wasn't that. "Hyung!" He sputtered. "Come on, just answer! It's important!" Sangwoo rolled his eyes and shook his head refusing to meet the ridiculous man's gaze. Why would he care about his opinion? Did he need an ego boost that badly? "Sangwoo, please. Be honest, I won't be offended."