Chapter 3

©2021 by wonderfulstories.

Later that day during the night.
Josephine was sitting at the front of the house that night because she was feeling a little cold and feverish so she decided to take some fresh air before going to bed, her aunt came out to pee and met Josephine sitting at the front of the house.

Josephine, what's wrong with you? Aunt asks. Josephine answered, auntie, I am not feeling too strong.

Aunt asks, when did it start? Josephine replies this afternoon, aunt walking away and saying let it not be what I am thinking. Josephine looked at her aunt and asked her auntie what were you thinking?

Aunt," Josephine, are you pregnant? {The question came with power} no auntie, why would you be asking me that type of question her aunt replied because I know what I'm saying, I am not pregnant, Josephine said. Tomorrow will say it all after seeing a doctor.

Next day morning.

When they got to the hospital.

Josephine's aunt was in a hurry to hear that Josephine Is pregnant but when she asked the doctor, the doctor replied with no she's not, she overwork herself and mostly her blood pressure is high that is the cause of her weakness so she needs a lot of rest. Thank your God' said Josephine's aunt. *Doctor," how can she be pregnant when she is still a virgin.
Josephine's aunt was disappointed to hear that.

They left the hospital

Walk fast so you can go to the market and those dirty clothes are when you come back you will wash them all, auntie have you forgotten what the doctor said. Madam, please remind me you know my brain is low so remind me please.*Josephine, he said I should rest. Not only rest you won't walk fast so you could head to the market' if you like just attempt not to finish that groundnuts and see what I will do to you. Let this be on your mind if you don't go to the market today there won't be any food for you from now till next Tuesday so you better work fast and you must finish selling those groundnuts.

Jasper and Dennis are at work.

Dennis try to look for my trouble,*Dennis*Ah my friend, how is that girl you told me about? I reply sorry I forgot to tell you, I saw her and she accepts to be my friend but the mumu(foolish) man told me that is a piece of good news so I can't kill myself over a woman

I tried to be smart but his smartness was excessive. Who told you that I bent to kill myself, he replied I can see that all over your face, I was only thinking of her beauty *Dennis, let's just go back to work. I am even tired, Dennis told me that I am too lazy' my name was a lazy man. Abeg I know I'm not firewood.

Josephine went to see
Jasper at where they usually
see themselves.

I asked her how she is doing, she reply that she is not fine, what is the problem I ask, she then tell me the whole story, I was not feeling too strong so I and my aunt went to the hospital to see the doctor and the doctor instructed I should rest a little before going back to work but my auntie instead that I must go to the market. I ask her if she is getting better*Josephine, yes I am getting better now.

I breathe heavily and clear my throat, Josephine I love you, I can't stop thinking about you, eating, sleeping, going to bed, showering, even when I wake up I still think about you, all my thoughts are about you. Could you imagine what she said when I was busy waiting for an answer, she told me that this is serious then I replied that it is more than serious, she now asks me what I want her to do can you imagine.

I could not waste time. I told her I want her to be my girlfriend. She asked me if that was all, I replied yes, she told me if that's all then she accepted. I looked at her eyes and asked her what she meant by I accept, she told me she accepted to be my girlfriend. I was in shock because she told me at the beginning she doesn't want to go into any relationship now" but I never bothered to ask her why she accepted me all of a sudden.

We both hug.

The most confusing thing she told me is that she will only be my girlfriend on two conditions, which is?, first I won't come to your house and second you won't come to my own house either, I was wondering what type of condition is that so I ask her "why"

She replies, I might come to your house, NEPA might take light and you will be looking for where to touch, and second, you won't come to my house because my aunt will kill me if you do.

I had no other option than to accept her conditions and wait for what would happen next.

Later on.

I went to see my friend Dennis so I can explain to him what happened earlier that day.

He was busy enjoying the fresh air at his compound. As I came I was looking very happy. In fact if there is any other word that is more powerful than Happy then that was the kind of mood I was in.

Dennis saw my mood and asked me, I don't understand you. You are very happy like this, tell me what's the secret or did you win a jackpot? I told him that what I won is bigger than the jackpot, he asked me what it could be, I replied in someone's heart.

He looked at me and told me guy don't tell me that you have left Josephine you have had a crush on for just because she didn't accept you, God forbid, over my living body would I leave Josephine, are am mad? that to show you how I have fallen deeply in love with Josephine' I can't even exchange her love with anything.

Thank God, so tell me what is your source of your happiness *said Dennis, I told him to cool down, that his body is too hot, he breathed and apprised me of his calm, I should start talking, me Jasper as the storyteller begins, I saw Josephine today.........

Continuously........

__________________
Word counts 1,129

T=W ~Abraham Ebube
——————————————————
Show me some love by commenting and voting on this story, it's not easy so you as the viewers should show me some love.....