Chapter 4

©2021 by wonderfulstories.

He could not allow me to finish and he asked me what happened next, bro calm down, or do you want me to cut the story short. No vase *he apologies* I continue with the story. I saw her today when I asked her out but she accepted on two conditions.

Dennis asked me which is. I won't come to her house and she won't come to mine either.

Dennis hiss, *Jasper, why that. He ask me, does that mean you wouldn't do the do (sex), I answered him sex is not why I asked her out, I genuinely love her. Hmmm, congratulations Mr lover ! lover!! Lover!!! said Dennis I replied, thank you.

Three weeks later I and Josephine erupt into dating each other, one afternoon I was accompanying Josephine to get water from the stream. On our way to the stream one handsome, rich, cute guy stopped a 2020 tundra model and asked for Josephine's attention but she refused. Instead she was asking us to leave but I convinced her to hear from the young man first' who knows what he has in mind.

She walked close to the car, the young man was sitting inside the car. As a rich guy, he couldn't step out of the car.

*Josephine," good day sir. *Man, how are you, young lady? *Josephine, am fine, sir you called how can I be of help to you? *Man, my name is Joseph but my friends call me Joe for short. *Josephine," okay Mr. Joe how may I help you? He offered Josephine a ride but Josephine rejected it, sorry as you can see I am with my man so no need to drop me off. *Joe," don't be too harsh, I don't bite. Josephine walked away and told him I can see you don't have anything reasonable to say.

She dragged me like her son because she was already angry then we left. When we got to the stream I asked her so many questions within two seconds, what happened between you and the man, what did he say to you, why is your face like this and hope he didn't say anything silly to you.

She looked at me and asked me which of the questions she should answer. I should just forget about him, he is now past tense, I had no other choice than to trust her. She told me she can't leave me because of material things "ideology" wow this is what I want in a woman. I replied to her with Thank you. She told me to forget about it and change the topic, she asked me about the job I and Dennis were working on and how it was going. I told her, God is great.

The next day Josephine came to pay me a visit at our usual spot since she was unwilling to come to my abode.

Josephine, hey my darling how are you doing? am fine and you.

*Josephine, am fine. I ask her, babe I'm still wondering why you said no touching until we get married. She told me that's why she can't come to my house. I asked her if she's trying to tell me she is still a virgin. She told me yes of course *she is still a virgin*

Joe stopped his car by the roadside , he called Josephine but I stood up and went to answer the call, good day sir, as I greet, how are you he replied. I'm fine sir and you,

Josephine at the other side of the road, *mentality* what could they be discussing about.

The man asked me if am Josephine's boyfriend, I answered, yes if there is any problem, *Joe," not at all just that I am interested in her and am willing to marry her immediately she accepts to be my wife. And anything it will cost for me to pay you off I'm ready to pay.

I replied, am sorry sir, my woman is not for sale. Maybe you should check the next lady. He asked why Josephine is not in school, I told him that is because of money but we are happy to be alive.

He gave me 50,000 naira and asked me to give them to Josephine and let him see what he can do about her school fees' I asked him if he's craving to bargain with my woman because I won't get hold of him if he tries something silly, he told me that's funny.

Joe entered his car and drove away. When I got to where Josephine was sitting.

In order to calm Josephine's anger due to the look on her face I already knew she was mad at me so I started with, do you know you look more beautiful whenever you are angry, *Josephine replied, I love the day you were created. You know how to get me with your jokes.

Am glad I can. So can you smile for me a little more, lemme me with her cute smile *Joor* I am here to tell you a piece of good news. She asked me what it could be. I told her that the young man has an interest in her and wants to marry her, not even only that he wants to buy her from me, she asked me what my reply was to the young man.

I told her my answer to the man was it won't be possible but he gave me this money, she glance at me and catechize a question on me * you collected it right? I told her why not * Then she looked at me for the second time with a scowling face and told me that means I have sold her to the rich guy. I was shocked to hear that. Why would you say that in fact what makes you think such, he only gave me this money to give to you so you can babysit yourself.

She asked me, I thought you said you had feelings for me.'' I replied without waiting for time. Yes I do, even the dead know. She asks if this is the love I always quote to her, now she thinks I have no feelings for her?

Then she walks away without a word.

Continuously…..

__________________
Word counts 1,005

T=W~ Abraham Ebube.