Chapter Eight: Gala Pt1

The day of the gala came and both Nathalie, Gabriel and Adrien were getting ready to leave. Nathalie was in one of the guest bedrooms while Gabriel was in his room and Adrien was getting ready as well. All of them were nervous about the event but it was normal, especially for Nathalie who had to attend everything for him.

~~~~~~~~~

Adrien was in his room, putting on his clothes while Plagg was flying around the room with a piece of camembert in his hand taking a bite each second.

"Plagg, drop the cheese! We're going to smell there the entire time!" Adrien yelled as he covered his nose with his hand. He looks at his watch to see that Gabriel and Nathalie must be waiting for him now. "Come here," he pointed to his jacket, "we're going to be late. And don;t bring any cheese with you, please. I'll just find something close to what you want there."

"Fine, fine. But this is the only time I'll let you tell me that I won't be bringing cheese with me." he uttered before flying into Adrien's jacket.

~~~~~~~~

Nathalie was putting on her dress and fixing her hair. A loose braided bun with the hair piece clipped on it that Gabriel gave her and her usual pearl earrings and a black pair of her own heels. A light makeup matching her outfit and she's all set. She takes one last look in the mirror and goes out of her room to wait for Gabriel.

Duusu and the peacock miraculous, like Gabriel said, will come with her there. Including the butterfly brooch on Gabriel's chest.

"Miss!" Duusu came flying on her face. "I'm going with you, right?"

"Yes, Duusu. Just stay hidden, okay?"

"I will!" she replied.

~~~~~~~~~

Gabriel fixes his tie and looks at himself one more time at the mirror then glances at the box with the jewelry he'll give to Nathalie. Including the pair of heels. He takes it and walks out of the room.

As he was walking through the hallways to find Nathalie, he finally saw her standing near the staircase while talking to Duusu. She looks stunning as always, she looks perfect like he imagined.

"Nathalie?" Gabriel starts. When Nathalie turned her head to face him, it got him lost in his imagination. Her smile, her beauty, especially her eyes.

"Hmm?" She hums. "Sir?"

Gabriel finally snapped out and tried to utter a whole sentence. "Here, shoes, and uhm, wear this! To the gala, tonight."

Nathalie gladly took it and gave him a warm smile. "Thank you, sir. I appreciate everything that you've done for me."

"I think I'm the one who's supposed to tell you that, Nathalie." he chuckled. "And you're welcome, I owe you. Now go wear it before we go. It's almost time."

Nathalie nodded and went back to the room. She sat on a chair and replaced her previous heels with the ones Gabriel gave her.

"Father!" Adrien's voice called out to him. He noticed that Gabriel was looking at one of the guest rooms, which he assumes Nathalie was in there, and he's also holding something which looks like he's going to give it to Nathalie. "Did I miss something, father?" he smirks.

"What?" Gabriel asks, completely knowing nothing about the situation his son is talking about.

"Did I miss something?"

Gabriel finally realizes what Adrien has in mind and he doesn't know if he's blushing or a bit irritated. "N-nothing happened, Adrien."

"Are you sureee, father?" Adrien insisted.