Chapter Thirteen: Moving in

Nathalie was already on her way to the Agreste mansion just before she knew everyone would wake up. After five minutes of driving she finally arrived and unlocked the gate with the password that Gabriel gave her. She opened the main doors and all the lights were still turned off. She turned one on the hallway and in the office. She's supposed to wake Gabriel any moment now, but before that, she makes both their morning coffee. 

After she's finished, she puts one mug on her desk and she brings one to Gabriel's room. Knocking on the door, she opened it to see him still peacefully sleeping. She placed the coffee mug on the nightstand and gently shook him until he woke up. 

"Good morning, sir." Nathalie greets. "I'll leave you and your coffee here. I'll go and check if Miss Monet's (Cara's last name) things are going to arrive on time." 

"Good morning, Nathalie. And sure, I'll meet you later in our office." he replied, barely eyes open.

Nathalie nodded and left him in his room. She walked back to her desk downstairs and turned her monitor on. She sips some of her coffee and scrolls on her phone while she waits for it to load. After it's done, she contacts the driver that'll bring all Cara's things here. They said they're on their way and they could arrive just in time. This makes her happy since she doesn't have to do anymore adjustments if the day doesn't go as planned. 

~~~~~~~~

Gabriel got out of the bathroom wearing his robe. He takes his last sip of coffee before changing into his everyday clothes. He can't tell if he's excited, or scared having a new woman in his bed. He loves her, that's what he knows. He looks at himself in the mirror to see his suit without the butterfly miraculous on it. It feels unusual for him since he never takes it off. But he continues to put his tie out the door but he seems to struggle putting it on. Good thing he already had his morning coffee to make him less hot-headed. 

He walks in his office to already see Nathalie answering some emails and calls. He doesn't pay much attention since he's busy, still, fixing his tie. It always comes out crooked or out of place. This was definitely ruining his morning.

Nathalie looks up from the screen when she notices Gabriel annoyingly keeps adjusting the tie. She gets up from her seat and decides to help him. Gabriel was surprised when Nathalie placed her hand on his chest to be able to help him. A bit of tying and adjusting, she finally got it right where wanted it to be. Still, their faces were so close to each other. Too close. Nathalie was looking at the tie she just fixed, without the butterfly brooch underneath it. Gabriel was just looking down at her.

Nathalie looks up at him. She wants to say that she wants to quit this job, but she doesn't know what's holding the words back from coming out of her mouth. Instead she says…, "Are you planning to give Ladybug and Chat Noir the miraculous back?" 

This surprised him by bringing up that topic. "No. I'm planning to keep it and our identities. In fact, I want to give you the peacock miraculous as a gift. I know it's broken and if you use it you'll get weaker and weaker. That's why I never mentioned it. I don't want to see you getting hurt again." he brought his hand up to her check, cupping it. Then he bugged her. Nathalie was surprised and stood there for a moment before gently hugging him back. Soon, Gabriel finally let go.  Even if she wants more, he already has a girlfriend.

"Dussu will love that idea. And if you did give it to me, I have no reason to use it now. Mayura and Hawk Moth hadn't made an appearance in a long time now." It's true. There's no need for her to use the miraculous since he clearly moved on from his late wife. He doesn't need her help with that anymore. "About Emillie, are you going to give her a proper burial?"