Chapter One: Cara

"...Father?" Adrien walks into Gabriel's office, a bit nervous.

Gabriel looks up, away from his monitor. "What is it, Adrien?" he uttered in his usual cold and serious tone.

"Can I go out with my friends to the park? Like a little hang out with them. Please, father?"

"You have your piano lessons today, Adrien. You need to catch up on your piano pieces more. You also have fencing class after that."

"Can Nathalie move them another day? Just for today, father. That's all I ask for." Adrien pleaded.

"No, Adrien. And that's final." Gabriel spat. "Now go back to your room. I better be hearing you play." he's been more bad tempered than before due to his more frequent loss to Ladybug and Chat Noir. He was so close if Chat Noir didn't use his cataclysm to break him and his partner free.

"But father-"

"I can move his schedule, sir." Nathalie interrupted. "Next Wednesday he can do his lessons. He's free for the whole day."

"Will you really do that?" Adrien excitedly exclaimed.

"Of course, Adrien." she smiled at him. She rarely smiles at anyone. Even to her close family members or her close friends. Well, the only friends she has are Jagged Stone's assistant and the Agreste's. Emily to be exact, before she fell into her coma.

"No, Nathalie." Gabriel started. "I'll tell you when you'll do that. I'm his father, I know what's best for him. You know nothing about parenting." his sudden burst of anger filled the tone of his voice.

"I understand that you're his father, sir. But let him live his teenage life as a normal teen should. You can't keep him locked up forever." Nathalie remarked.

"As I said, Nathalie, I know what's best for him." He uttered through his teeth. "I'm not in the mood to deal with this right now as you can see." He turned her head over to his son. "Now Adrien, go back to your room."

"Yes, father." Adrien exited the room with a frown on his face. Nathalie can't see him like this every time he asks Gabriel for something fun to do. Or even every time he asks to spend time with his own father. She looked over to her boss who seemed like he's trying to control his temper. He's focused on his screen while mumbling some things. She couldn't tell what those words were, but she couldn't care less.

"You should let him go out once in a while. The boy always asks you if he could go out and you always deny it. What's so important about keeping him locked up here anyways?"

Gabriel looked up from his screen to notice that his assistant was still looking at him with a quite disappointed look. "What do you mean by that?" He clarifies.

"It's just my opinion for you to change your parenting skill towards Adrien, sir. And I didn't mean anything else." she stated.

"I know how to parent my kid, Nathaie."

"It's just my opinion, sir." She reminded him with her usual cold and normal work voice.

Gabriel nodded, a bit annoyed by her, and continued his designing. He has to admit that he noticed himself getting closer to her more and more every time she used the miraculous or if he heard her cough. Even if she looks like she's having a dizzy spell. Emillie, Gabriel, think of Emillie. He reminds himself. Continue your design for the gala next week. Keep your mind on something else. Before he could do anything else, he felt another negative emotion. A second negative emotion for the days seems off, but he cant lose his chance.

"Nathalie, I need Mayura for this."

She looks directly at him, assuming that he sensed another negative emotion. But what questions her is the fact that this is the second time he sensed an emotion and he wants to akumatize whoever that person is. She didn't hesitate as she stood up and followed him to his lair. The way through there was silent. In the glass elevator they tried to keep their distance between each other. It's too small for the two of them though. They should have stuck to going there one by one like always.