Chapter 2.10

Newts point of view

As they were leading us through the crowds I kept glancing back at Jenny, it's like every-time I looked back the worse she got. I hated seeing her like this. She kept on grabbing my hand as her knees were at the bridge of giving way.

I tried my hardest to guide her through everyone but it was almost useless, she looked like an alive zombie which would probably freak out everyone.

....

We finally met vince and he was not what I was expecting but that wasn't what I was mainly thinking about. I hugged Jenny as I wanted her to feel like she is safe, her small, weak body fitted like a glove around my arms. I loved that about her.
"You will be okay love" I tried to reassure her, however, even I knew that she might not make it.

She looked like she hadn't slept in years, her body was practically all bone as she refused to eat anything for the last couple of days. Her t-shirt dark red, drenched in her blood, I was so scared for her.

Finally Vince started checking us to make sure that we were alright to join them, however not long after Jen fell to the floor and wasn't moving. I tried to grab her but failed to do so, I dived to the floor after her tears in my eyes.
"Jenny!" I cried.

"STAY BACK" Vince screamed as he thought she was turning into a zombie.
"NO WAIT SHES BEEN SHOT NOT BIT" Thomas yelled standing in between Jennys lifeless body and Vince. Meanwhile, I was checking for any pulse. None. Panic started rising.

I glanced up at Vince. He was pointing a gun at her, anger rose inside of me. I couldn't control it.
"GET THAT THING AWAY FROM HER" I yelled at Vince as I bounced up quickly. Vince slowly lowered his weapon, he finally gave me a chance to explain. But she was running out of time.

"She was shot about half an hour ago. Please help her... she is NOT infected" I explain.
A woman rushed over, "I can help" she blurred out. I let out a sigh of relief as she bent down next to Jennys body.

"She's lost a lot of blood and is barely holding on, if we don't get her treated she only has roughly 10-20 minutes left to live." The woman explained holding on firmly to Jens wrist, my hands started shaking.
A few men helped carry her but because of how little she was it only took about two men. I was one of them grabbing firmly onto her legs, they practically weighed nothing. We took her into what appears to be a medical hut and layed her down on a bed.

Thomas and Brenda followed shortly behind us with a concerned look on their face. Especially Thomas. I thought it was a bit weird how they both reminded me of each-other, like they were siblings or something. Which was crazy I mean how can they be siblings. But I didn't want to jink myself. I think.