Don't Wait

~~Thursday Afternoon, Dad's House~~

Normal POV

"Harley! Are you ready to go?" My Dad shouted from the bottom of the stairs as I was tying my shoe laces. "Yeah I'm coming!" I shouted back once I had finished. I stood up from my bed, grabbing my jacket before joining my Dad downstairs. "Let's go." I said excitedly as we walked out the house. I grabbed an apple before following my Dad out the door and down to his car. He locked up the house behind me before opening the car doors and climbing in the drivers side. I got myself buckled in and comfortable before turning on the radio as we drove onto the street and towards the School. We were both nodding along to the music as I finished eating my apple. Not long after leaving I started to feel my eyes getting a little heavy so I turned to my Dad to suggest a quick stop. "Fancy stopping by Starbucks or something for a coffee if we have time?" He smiled and nodded in agreement. "Good idea." He agreed before turning towards the closest one. We drove into the quiet Starbucks and ordered some drinks. After paying Dad passed over my Iced Coffee before dropping his hot coffee into the cup holder.

A little while later we were making good time. I got lost listening to the music on the radio as my head was turned looking out the window. I was zoned out that much that I jumped in my seat as I felt my phone buzz in my jeans pocket. I held my coffee on my lap in one hand before reaching for my phone with the other. As I opened up the text I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face as I seen Lizzie's name as the sender.

Lizzie Olsen
You got those silky milk bottle
legs out today? I better not be
missing out on seeing them x
Sent 1:41pm

I couldn't help but chuckle lightly to myself at her message. I replied telling her they were completely covered so she didn't have to worry before sliding my phone back in my pocket. The smile on my face never left as I turned my attention back to the window beside me. My mind instantly replaying the flirtatious comments from the day before, making my smile impossibly bigger. Just as I began to get lost in my own thoughts I felt a pair of eyes watching me. I slowly turned my head to see my Dad's gaze on me as we were sat in traffic. His smile was almost as big as mine. "Yes Dad?" I asked with a joking tone to my voice. He chuckled to himself as he turned back to face the road ahead of him then started off a conversation off between us.

Dad - "So? Since it's just you and me are you going to tell me about Lizzie?"

You - "What do you want to know?"

Dad - "How did you meet her again?"

You - "I met her at Tom's Birthday Party.."

Dad - "So is she an Actress?"

You - "She is.. Can you remember me making you watch Avengers Infinity War? When most of them got dusted at the end?"

Dad - "Um.. Yes I do actually."

You - "Can you remember the girl with the Insane Powers and Red Eyes?"

Dad - "Oh yeah that blew up her Robot boyfriend's head?"

You - "Um yeah let's go with that.. Well it's her. Elizabeth Olsen."

Dad - "Wow okay.. She's a huge name right now."

You - "I know but she's nothing like other Actors from America. She's so humble and down to earth. You wouldn't think she was such a huge name.."

Dad - "You really like her don't you?"

You - "I think so.. It's strange we have just clicked since meeting that night.. I can't get enough of her company."

Dad - "Your in deep Harley.."

You - "Even if I wanted to stop it, I don't think I could. I think about her all the time. Her smile, her laugh, her eyes.."

Dad - "You know what I always say.. Fall in love with their eyes.."

You - "I know, I know. They never change no matter how much time passes.. I remember."

Dad - "Don't wait Harley.."

You - "What do you mean?"

Dad - "Don't wait around. If what your feelings are real. Don't waste any time with her. You never know what will happen tomorrow.. Especially with your career choice."

You - "I suppose your right Dad.."

Dad - "I'm always right. But seriously.. I can see how much she means to you already. Did you tell her about your Mum?"

You - "I did.."

We sat in comfortable silence after that question. He knew it still stung me no matter how much time passes. I turned the radio up slightly before we both started humming along to the song that was playing. I laughed to myself as he started tapping the top of the steering wheel along with the base. Little things he did like that made me realise why we were so alike. We were pretty much the same person, all my traits coming from him in one way or another. Especially anything to do with music. Whether it be guitar, drums or even piano, I could play it all because of him. The guys on Tour love it as I would play in our downtime to pass the time. After a couple of songs it would turn into a full blown karaoke night which always lifted the mood in camp. I used to sing as a kid but not anymore. As for my sister, she just got the rythm and ran with it to become an amazing dancer. Which is where we are headed today. She is performing infront of her school for part of her application to get into a school for Dance and Theatre.

~~Lizzie's Trailer, London Studio~~