Chapter 1- Midtown High

__

"Morning trouble" Fury smiles walking in and I grin back finishing the rest of my pancakes "Mama could you make Mr Fury a morning coffee please?" I ask her from the kitchen knowing she had already pulled the mug out of the cupboard earlier waiting for his arrival "of course sweetheart I will put the machine on" Mama calls back and I smile as Fury takes a seat in front of me at the dining table.

"Ready for school huh?" he asks seeing my books piled up around me and I grin nodding "everywhere online review speaks highly of Midtown high! I am just so happy they accepted my application this late" I say with a smile and Fury returns it which always looked funny on the normal stern-faced man.

Or as I like to call him grumpy hook... well that is what me and Phil call him behind his back.

"I honestly can't wait" I say almost jumping up and down in my seat. 

"Don't forget our deal your IQ and your achievements must be kept under the radar for now which means-"

"No mentioning my living situation to anyone or telling anyone about the compound especially anything about the hidden shed" I say rolling my eyes since we had this conversation over a hundred times and he raises his eyebrows at me.

"Sorry! I am just so excited! I haven't been able to leave here by myself since... ever! I promise I will be on my best behaviour Mr Fury you don't need to worry! I don't want to be kept locked here all alone again! I can behave" I say crossing my heart to promise and he nods with a small smile but pity fill his eyes.

Phil always says how Fury is fighting my case to let me live like a normal teenager but it always gets declined.

"Here is your coffee Mr Fury no milk and no sugar just how you like it" Mama says coming out and handing him the cup and I gleam up at her "can you believe it's my first day at a school mama? I finally get to experience life like a normal teenager!" 

"I know baby, mama is so proud of you! I know you will have a great first day. I have also made you lunch with your favourite sandwich" she tells me handing me the lunch box so I gleam jumping up and hugging her "thanks mama your sandwiches are the best!"

"Don't forget they want you to wear this" Fury says pulling it out of his pocket and I frown at the tracking bracelet and he sighs "I know it is annoying but Phil made them change it to your favourite colour and it's important for your safety okay?" he tells me and I just nod leaving my arm out so he can place it on me.

I could easily take it off later but I don't want to risk this opportunity. 

It's the first time the government are trusting me and I have to make sure to behave if they caught me without my bracelet I would hate to know what would happen. 

"Right it's about time to leave for school, are you ready?" he asks and I nod standing quickly. I pack the rest of the books in the bag making sure I have everything and turn back to Mama "bye Mama make sure to take care of yourself! We can talk all about my day when I get home" I say and Mama nods with a smile "I would love that sweetie! be safe" she waves and I wave back feeling bad that I am finally being allowed out but she isn't.

I wasn't always trapped inside the small building.

Fury or Phil would always come to take me out on small days like taking me out to arcades or my most favourite place in the world theme parks!

I can normally request bigger places on birthdays.

Every other weekend I am aloud out under the watch of Fury or Phil because the government thinks 'I am too much of a risk to be out in public eye for too long'