Chapter 7- New York City

______________________

After getting home last night I couldn't stop thinking about the library with Peter and how it felt every time I was around him. 

Brad was right.

I like Peter... but none of that matters.

Not when my destiny was going to be closing in sooner than I wanted it to.

I look in the mirror one last time finishing with my hair looking at my hair which was half up and half down in long waves. Space buns sat on top of my hair making sure they looked like the ones I saw online wishing I could pierce my ears as the girl had earings in the picture.

I had also thrown on a plait dress over a long black sleeve turtle neck which wasn't too showy but when I looked up pretty outfits I saw one similar to this so I matched it with a long leather coat to make it seem more casual.

Every time I thought of Peter butterflies erupted in my stomach making me blush. I am not allowed to be with anyone or have any relationships but that doesn't mean I can't like him from afar right?

It was my first time feeling like this for anyone. 

It was scary and confusing but I had to stop it.

Today isn't about me but about the future of Mama.

"Sweetheart come on Phil is waiting!" Mama calls and I hum running down the stairs jumping around on one foot as I do up the laces to one of my boots "wow there" Phil says stopping me from jumping right into him "sorry!" I say and he looks at me in surprise "what?" I ask "you are wearing a dress" he says since I never dress like this but I shrug it off trying to pretend it was nothing.

"The only thing that would make it more shocking is if it was pink" he teases as I pick up my other black boot.

"it's not Wednesday so it would be okay anyway" I explain and he looks confused "is that how it work? You been sticking to it?" 

"Well no.. I am supposed to were coloured shoes on Mondays but the black boots go with the black jacket" I explain and he nods still confused "morning sweetheart.. oh! you look lovely" Mama says and I smile.

"Ready to go?" Phil asks but as I went to answer Mama hands me my stuff "don't forget to eat your breakfast bar it's the most important meal of the day because it-"

"It helps to replenish my glucose, boost my energy levels and give me essential nutrients" I say and she coos "so smart"

"Right come on smarty pan- dress it's time to go" Phil says and I nod hugging Mama goodbye more tightly than normal but she doesn't notice.

She never notices.

I then rush out of the door behind Phil but making sure to keep hidden through the path that we take each morning to get to their cars "

"So what has got you dressing up so nice?" he asks as we get in his car "got anything to do with the blue jacket you are holding?" he asks and I blush "shut up" I say putting Peters jacket in my bag so I can give it back today even though I didn't want to.

It was really warm.

Phil just laughs at this "oh before I forget I spoke with them already and told them where you will be after school. Tonight I will pick you up at 7 pm again. I will have a meeting at 8 pm so you need to be finished by then okay?" he says and I nod.

"Thank you Phil I will"

"Right missy let's be off before you are late"

______________