Chapter 17-A Year of "Grief"

Y/n's pov

It's been a whole year... no five words have haunted me more than those, I still can't believe it's been that long since 2D was eaten by a whale. I've been drowning myself in sorrow I'm this tiny apartment I call home, just sitting around thinking about him.

There was a knock at the door, that's unusual. I went to go answer it and saw Murdoc, he was sitting there looking worried. "Oi... it's been a while huh..." He said awkwardly. "Yeah... how've you been?" I said. "Fine I guess... I see you got your eye fixed." He said. I did indeed finally got my eye fixed after almost a year in that... place. My pupil was indeed dilated and had a scar around my eye, it doesn't hurt anymore at least.

"Yeah I did, what you doing here?" I asked. "Look I know you might say no but... you want to get the band back together?" He asked. I was shocked, I thought Gorillaz was done for good but then he comes back to ask permission. I did miss making music but... what about the singer? "Y-Yes... I do Murdoc." I say. He smirked and I packed my things to meet at our headquarters.

It was a tiny house in West London but it was manageable, I was surprised to see Russell and Noodle there alive and well, I honestly thought they were gone again for a minute but they were here! Noodle was now 22-23 years old, she looked so different from when we first met her. Russell looked the same as always but he looked happier than he did before. I was happy to see that Noodle and Russell were ok but I still wondered, if we are making another album who will be the singer?