Chapter 1: Dealing with idiots and friends in trouble

"Please?" He begged me with a pout on his handsome face as he played with a strand of my chestnut-brown hair. He was looking adorable but I couldn't just agree with his plans. Not again.

"Nope!" I said popping the 'p' as I rolled my green eyes and focused back on the book in front of me.

"But I really love her! Ever since I was little, I've had a crush on her! E, I think she's the one! I have known this since I was just four!" He exasperated. I turned to him with a frown on my face.

He really is an idiot!

"She just moved here, you dumbo! She had never even set foot in this town up until a week or two ago! And you say that about all the girls! I'm starting to think that you have been a player since the day you were born! I just failed to notice it up until a few years back." I told him as I rolled my eyes at the dumb headed boy sitting right next to me in the school library. I passed an apologetic smile to the librarian who was now glaring at us.

It was a free period for me as the teacher wasn't in the school today. I wanted to use this time to do my assignments that were due next week so that I'll have more free time during the weekends. But the black-haired, gray-eyed idiot was not letting me focus. I was getting a bit frustrated now with him going on and on about His newest crush, Leah. It wouldn't have bothered me if it was someone else but I knew this idiot just wanted this new girl for fun. And I was now growing tired of his exes trying to get their revenge on me.

"Really? Wasn't she the one we once played with at the park when we were four? The one with the pigtails whose brother got beaten up by you because he kissed your cheek?" He asked as he looked at me with a frown. I glared at him.

"That was Lily. The girl you went out with about a few months ago. And his brother insulted you. That was why I punched him. And we were five at that time!" I reminded him with a fierce glare. He thought about it for a few seconds before he shrugged it off. I don't think that his dumb and crazy brain remembered any of that.

"As far as I can remember, her brother insulted the twins. Not me. I mean, who can insult me? I am the definition of perfection." He said with a smirk on his face.

"We met the twins when we were seven, smart-ass!" I replied with a chuckle. His smirk instantly vanished at my comment.

"What about Liam?" He asked as he stared at my books in deep thought. He never really thought about anything so the sight made me chuckle.

"Liam came to town when we were ten." I answered. He opened his mouth to ask something but I spoke up before he could. "Before you ask, we met Damien when we were eight." I stated. He glared at the books on the table before shaking his head.

"Anyways, we are talking about your English project partner, Leah. I like her. Introduce me to her. Please!" He said. I just gave him a plain look, not saying anything. "I'm asking for the last favor ever!" He exclaimed.

"Are you sure?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow as I turned completely in my chair to face him.

There is no way that this idiot can survive without my help for even a few hours!

"Last favor of the month!" He corrected himself. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Okay, last favor of the week!" He relented. I mentally face-palmed myself.

"It's already Friday, smart ass! Only the weekends are left before the week is over! And besides, don't you remember the test we have on Monday?" I reminded him.

"Okay, fine! Last favor of the day! And I'll take you out for pizza both Saturday and Sunday if you agree to talk to her!" He said. I could feel my resolve breaking as I thought about the pizza. Food was my weakness and he damn well knew that.