chapter four

My POV

Eric and I hung out with KISS for quite a while now. It was great though totally worth it. "Wow guys thanks for letting us hang with you." I said sounding so grateful. "You guys really are my rock heroes." Gene Paul Tommy and the two Erics beamed as I said that. "Shit thank you." Gene chuckled and oh there he goes flapping that tongue again. I laughed and was able to get a hug from each of the members. Eric too. "Hey man thanks for taking my place." Eric Carr said to Singer. Singer nodded. "You are most definitely welcome." He replied. "Good meeting you girl." Tommy Thayer said politely. "Would love to do this again soon." Paul added sincerely. I grinned from ear to ear. Eric and I left the arena and my friend Jon took me home, still not knowing about Eric's ghost.

"So how did it feel meeting KISS?" Jon asked as he drove on the highway. I couldn't help but get excited talking about it. "Amazing. Fucking amazing!" I said dreamily. "They were all so cool and nice." Jon nodded. "Well that's good. I'm glad you got to meet them. I would have met them too but I decided nah let tonight be all about you." I smiled as he said that. "Wow well thanks I really appreciate that." I replied sounding so enthused. "Anytime. That's what pals are for." Jon smiled as he continued driving.

******Annnnd skipping to the very next day, Sunday obviously*********

Eric had told me Sunday morning that he had a surprise for me. "Shit what is it?" I said trying not to get overly worked up. Eric smiled and shook his head. "I can't tell you." He said in sing song voice. I hung my head down. Ah rats lol but then again it wouldn't be a surprise. There was a knock on my door. Huh. I wonder who it is? Eric opened it and guess what, it was Gene and Paul. The other two couldn't make it. "Oh shit! Hey Gene hey Paul!" I shouted with excitement. Gene slapped me a high five.  "I'm good thanks. No offense but what are y'all doing here?" Paul Gene and Eric all smiled at each other. "see now that's part of the surprise babe," Eric said softly. "Now go on take a seat." I sat down on the couch, confused a little bit.

Gene and Paul took out their guitars and Eric looked like he was going to sing to me. Wait WHOA so I'm assuming that's the surprise??

Eric got down on one knee and sang to me Journey's 'Open Arms.'

"Lying beside you
Here in the dark
Feeling your heartbeat with mine
Softly you whisper
You're so sincere
How could our love be so blind
We sailed on together
We drifted apart
And here you are
By my side

So now I come to you
With open arms
Nothing to hide
Believe what I say
So here I am
With open arms
Hoping you'll see
What your love means to me
Open arms

Living without you
Living alone
This empty house seems so cold
Wanting to hold you
Wanting you near
How much I wanted you home

But now that you've come back
Turned night into day
I need you to stay

So now I come to you
With open arms
Nothing to hide
Believe what I say
So here I am
With open arms
Hoping you'll see
What your love means to me
Open arms."