🌻A year earlier²

It is one of the special days where Sunghoon gets to sleep over at Sunoo's house without Jungwon third wheeling.

The couple laid comfortably on Sunoo's bed, watching the fake stars twinkle on the ceiling.

“Why do you still have this childish stars?” Sunghoon asked.

“They're not childish,” Sunoo defends.

“Weren't they for kids only?”

“Yah,” Sunoo whined, “Stop commenting on my things. Are you trying to pick a fight?”

Sunghoon laughed sheepishly.

Teasing Sunoo is one of his favorite things to do. He gives the best reaction.

“Sunoo,”

“Hm?”

“If you've got one wish to be fulfilled, what would it be?” Sunghoon asked.

“Where is this question coming from?” Sunoo stared amused at his boyfriend's face.

There was nothing but seriousness in Sunghoon's expression, so Sunoo nodded before looking up the fake stars again.

Sunghoon started fiddling with Sunoo's chubby fingers while he's patiently waiting for him to answer.

“The future,” Sunoo spoke after a while.

“The future?” Sunghoon asked, confuse.

“We all know I was born with a weak heart. I'm bad at keeping my health in check and I always eat unhealthy foods. I may not show it, but I'm actually afraid of dying,” Sunoo explained.

Sunghoon intertwined his fingers with Sunoo, knowing all too well where's this sudden confession coming from.

“I wanted to be in the future, Sunghoon-hyung. At least, let me live until I reach sixty years old,” Sunoo said.

Sunghoon gave Sunoo's hand a soft kiss.

“You'll be in the future, love, trust me. You will live until you reach sixty years old and you will be happy,” Sunghoon says, “But first, stop avoiding your work outs and start eating healthy foods, you dummy.”

Sunoo only laughs.

+++

Sunoo wake up to the sound of his phone ringing in the middle of the night.

“Dad?” he asked when he hears the other line.

“Sorry, did I wake you up?” his Dad sounded worried and sad, it made Sunoo felt uncomfortable and nervouse.

“It's fine. But why are you calling at this hour? It's so late,” Sunoo asked.

He looked beside him where Sunghoon is peacefully sleeping. Thaankfully, the sound of the ringing device didn't wake him up.

“Are you with Sunghoon right now?” His Dad asked back.

“Yes, Dad. He's been staying here since yesterday, why?”

A silence occur for a while.

Sunoo reaches for Sunghoon's face and caress his cheeks, making the older scrunch up his nose. Sunoo let out a little smile.

“Wake him up and come here to the hospital, Sunoo...”

The smile on Sunoo's lips started to fade away, as Sunghoon's eyes fluttered open.

“Love,” Sunghoon says, voice filled with sleepiness.

“W-why,” Sunoo nervously asked.

Sunghoon looked at him with a confuse expression.

“Sunghoon's Dad got involved in a car accident.”

tengyu_