🌻A year earlier³

Sunghoon stares at the wall blankly. His eyes red after crying too much while on their way to the hospital. Sunoo couldn't do anything but to stay beside his boyfriend and comfort him.

Sunghoon's Dad has been inside the room for quite a while and not even a single nurse have walked out.

They were in front of the emergency room. Sunoo's Mom is inside with three other nurses. The case wasn't even clearly explained, but it is indeed a very serious one.

But what else can make the situation worst?

Nurses came rushing, opening another emergency room door widely, while two stretchers came in rushing.

Maybe it was the noise that causes Sunghoon to blink and look at the unfolding scene in front of them. However, he quickly regret looking when he met eyes with a bloody woman getting rushed inside the emergency room.

“S-sunghoon,”

It was a mere whisper, filled with pain and sorry. Regret and a sound of giving up.

“Mom,” Sunghoon says, watching as the door closes with his Mom and his sister inside.

Sunoo was left in shock. Both because he hated blood and because the person he cherishes as his second family were now inside the emergency room, all bloody and in pain.

Seconds later, Sunoo's Dad came in sight. Two other doctors came and enter the emergency room where Sunghoon's Mom and sister was rushed in, while Sunoo's Dad stopped right in front of them.

His face was blank as well, not even worried. He took Sunoo's hand with his and patted Sunghoon's shoulder.

“They got into an accident while rushing here,” Sunoo's dad explained.

Both boys remained silent, still in shock. Not until Sunghoon closes his eyes and fell straight into Sunoo. Luckily, Sunoo's father was able to catch both of them.

+++

“Oh, you're up?”

Sunoo's sweet voice sent hope to Sunghoon as he wiped of the single tear on his cheeks.

“Was it only a dream?” Sunghoon asked.

The burning sensation on the skin surrounding his eyes, and its puffiness, says otherwise. The silence of Sunoo made everything more real.

“Sunghoon-hyung,”

And he burst out in tears again.

Sunoo could only hug his boyfriend and make sure he doesn't dehydrate himself. He's been crying since last night, and the only thing that's keeping him calm is the medicine being forced into his body through an IV.

“I wanna see them,” Sunghoon cried.

Sunoo could not also hide the tears leaving his eyes.

This morning, Sunghoon's sister was announced dead. Half an hour later, his Dad were also announced dead, while his Mom remained on the ICU with a little hope of surviving.

Sunoo's Dad injected both his son and Sunghoon a sleeping medicine forcibly.

It was early in the evening already.

The door of their room was opened slightly, revealing Sunoo's sister and his Mom.

A warm smile spreads across their lips.

“You two should eat before I allow you to go outside,” Sunoo's mom says.

Both woman arranges take out foods on a table and helped them get there.

Sunoo started eating, but Sunghoon only ate a piece of the sandwich.

An hour after, Sunoo's Mom escorted them to the morgue.

Sunghoon couldn't believe it. Three metal beds were placed besides each other.

“How? When?” Sunghoon whispers, reading his Mom's name on one of the tag.

Sunoo hugged his sister and cried his heart out.

“Just this afternoon,” Sunoo's Mom says, watching at how Sunghoon breaks down in front of his deceased family members.

The pain on his cries echoing through the walls of the morgue.

Yesterday, he was just happy hanging out with Sunoo without having any clue that his family will leave him this soon.

tengyu_