16-Suspicious Newfound Friends

The next morning, Louis called and I was nervous, so I didn't answer. I simply muted the phone and continued my conversation with Ashleigh about what we were going to eat for breakfast.
We bantered over pancakes or waffles, but when Lisa offered to make french toast we threw the other ideas out the window.
Lisa preparing the batter as Ashleigh and I sat on the counter tops, having a casual conversation when my phone starts to buzz once again. Louis' name flashes and I press mute again.

"Now, what's the reason to ignore him?" Lisa spoke up.

"Who?" I faked innocence.

"The Tomlinson boy."

"She's annoyingly stubborn, that's why!" Ashleigh interrupts.

I frown, "I'm not ignoring him, I just.. I'm having a conversation right now, I'll call him after breakfast."

Lisa sighed, "He seems like a great person and I don't want you to ruin that. It's nice to have person you can care for and hug and kiss."

"I totally agree." Ashleigh piped up.

"Which is why," she continued, "this conversation is over. Call him."

She tapped my shoulder and grabbed a plate from Lisa and walked to the dinning area.

I picked up my phone from the counter.

2 missed calls

"You won't regret it, love."

I tapped his contact and my phone started to ring. I hoped down from the counter and walked to my room. He finally picked up on the last ring, "Hi, love."

"Hey umm, you called?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk to you. Wanna go for a drive?"

I froze. Shit. "Right now?"

"Preferably, yes."

"O-Okay."

"Alright see you soon."

I hurriedly put on fresh clothes and braided my hair quickly and rushed downstairs, before Louis got here.

"Did you talk to Pret-"

"Yes and I'm going somewhere with-"

The doorbell interrupted me and Ashleigh sped to it and threw the door open.

"Oh, hi Ashleigh." He peered around, "Didn't know Ronnie had company. Alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. She thought she could just sneak-"

"Hi Louis!" I said way to excitedly.

He smiled, "Ashleigh did you want to come along?"

She shook her head bashfully, "You two go."

"Okay, well let's go." I said hurriedly.
I glared at Ashleigh and took Louis' hand.
-
We sat in silence, driving for what seemed to be hours already. He abruptly pulled over and turned the car off. I didn't know what to say.

"One question."

"Okay."

He sighed, "Be honest."

"Okay."

"Do you honestly like me?"

"What?"

"No, no. Let me finish. I feel like you don't really want me, you just.....you. just kiss me and I just,"

"Louis-"

"Do you feel anything? Does it feel special? Do I make you feel special?"

"I- I like you Louis, I do. I'm just not used to this. I don't do this."