Chapter Five: The Flight To Hogwarts

The end of the summer holidays came quickly after the visit to Diagon Alley. Harry and his parents went to Kings Cross station to see off Canini at platform three and a quarter on the twenty-third, and a week later it was Harry's turn.

The night before Sirius picked him up so that he could pack. The contents of his travel trunk included all his school books plus a couple recreational ones, his robes, pyjamas and casual wear, additional required school supplies, owl treats, and finally his enchanted two-way mirror. His Nimbus Two Thousand he had in a second case.

Harry was so full of excited nerves that he had a hard time getting tired, but after a long time he finally fell asleep and dreamt of familiar faces and crimson smoke. His nice dream was interrupted by frantic knocking on his door Tuesday September first.

'Harry, wake up, we over slept!' Remus said half manic.

'What?'

Harry shot up and sure enough when he looked at the clock it was half past ten. Harry quickly got dressed while yelling to his parents.

'What happened?! I thought you had a charm set to wake you?!'

'We did, never mind that now, we're going to miss the train! Are you all packed?'

Harry exited his room pulling his truck in one hand and holding Hedwig's cage in another. 'Yup, all packed.'

'Good. We got to go now.' Remus handed Harry a banana and took his trunk.

They got to the fireplace where there was no Sirius.

'Where's Padfoot?' Harry asked with half a banana in his mouth.

'He went ahead to flag down a cab. You ready, you got everything?'

Harry suddenly remember two things. His travel bag containing his money, and wand. The second was his invisibility cloak hidden under his bed.

'Forgot my bag. Be right back.'

'Hurry!'

Harry ran back upstairs, grabbed the cloak, shoved it in his small bag, and ran back downstairs, his luggage and Remus already through the floo. Harry grabbed a fistful of floo powder and tossed them into the flame turning it emerald green.

'Leaky Cauldron.'

With that he picked up Hedwig and walked into the magic flames.

The traffic was thankfully light and the three men reached the station with ten minutes to spare. Sirius put his trunk on a trolley, and with his broom case in one hand and travel bag in the other, the three of them started rushing towards platform nine and three-quarters. Harry suddenly stopped however when he heard a familiar voice crying.

'I need to do something really quick.'

'Harry, now is not the time.' Sirius said impatiently.

'It's really important, I'll be there in just a minute I promise.'

Hesitantly they nodded and kept going, while Harry to a few steps back and turned corner to find a young wizard sitting between a potted bush and a bench. He had hair nearly as dark as Harry's although it was cut military short, skin a few shades darker than Harry, and blueish-grey eyes but you wouldn't be able to tell because his head was down as he sobbed.

'Theodore... are you alright?' Harry asked softly.

The young wizard, startled, suddenly snapped to attention, and tried to quickly dry off his tear stained face.

'Ha-Harry, I-I'm fine. I didn't see you there. And don't call me Theodore.'

'Right, well we should get going, the train is going to-oh my stars Theodore!'