Chapter 12 - The Dragon Flame

Blooms POV
"You know I'll never know how transforming cups into animals is gonna help us in the long run..." Flora said walking out of class with me. She was right, how on earth would that help? I smiled as we walked over to the new specialist grounds to find Helia and Sky.
"Me neither..." Just as I was about to finish my sentence, the hawk watching my every move appeared out of thin air. Rosalind.
"Good morning to the both of you... Bloom?" She looked at Flora as if to say leave us alone and out of sheer terror she left... God I hated it that Rosalind could boss us about.
"I'm guessing this is my daily dose of torture?"
Maybe that was a step to far... My smug smile went back to it's normal shape.
"Sorry... I'm just tired."
Rosalind nodded in forgiveness and began to walk with me into the woods, she seemed to know where she was going... What was she going to do to me this time?
"Bloom... Do you know why your so special?" Her eyes looked me up and down. This woman had a way of making you feel uncomfortable so quickly.
"I um-"
"I'll take that as a no then..." I fake smiled as she continued to talk at me like a dog.
"There's a legend... Or rather a story of the truth. Have you heard of the Battle of Akasha?"
Who did she think I was? I didn't even know anything magic existed until six months ago... She examined my blank expression and decided to explain.
"There was a war. A war in which the burned ones were created. A fire dragon, one of the five dragons who created the otherworld decided it was better than everyone else." Then without warning I stopped... A vision overtook my mind as she was explaining. There was an army, the armor had the Solarian symbol on it. Four dragons each of a different colour were behind them... There was a charcoal coloured one which stood facing the troops.
"Each dragon created a different part of the otherworld, for example the Water dragon, who created all sea life. All of them combined made fairies... Fire, water, air, earth and mind."
Each of them flashed before my eyes... The story continuing to create an image for me to see.
"This fire dragon... Had the power to create monsters of all kind, in this war... Half of the soldiers were charred by the flames of the dragon. Creating the burned ones."
Fire consumed my vision... It all made sense now, but what did this have to do with me?
"Eventually... The dragon was defeated, the other four captured it's magic. But a fairy who hungered for power stole it and used it to her own advantage. The dragons flame was stored inside of her, passed down her family line. A line of very powerful fairies."
My visions then stopped, I looked up to Rosalind now only an inch away from my face. I was terrified... But I had no idea why.
"You, Bloom are the last living descendant of that line. The flame burns inside of you. That's why the burned ones are attracted to you, they want revenge. Why the witches stole you, they thirsted for your power."
No... I didn't want to believe it. I'd rather go back to having nothing about my family... Now I knew they were a bunch of power hungry pychos? No...
"I- that's not true..."
"Oh but it is. Your mother possessed it before she died."
My mother... But she told me she knew nothing about them. More lying... Always lying.
"My mother?" I felt a tear race down my face, hearing that she died was hard... I didn't even know her, but now I knew I would never be able to see her. I felt Rosalinds cold hand wipe my tear away.
"The line of fairies who have the dragon flame... They were Royal. Your mum was the queen of a place called Domino. It was soon destroyed by the witches that captured you. That's how your mother and father died."
No... This was too much information to bare right now. Why would she tell me? What was the gain?
"Why are you telling me this? You could have said this ages ago."
"Bloom... There's a war coming. We need your power to win that war."
My power? She used the word 'we' so freely. Who said I would help her?
"You mean YOU need my power... Not anyone else. You want it for yourself." Before she could snap back at me Andreas came rushing towards us.
"I've been looking for you all over..."
He looked at me, then back at Rosalind.
"Whatever you need to say, say it." Rosalind clearly knew I already knew alot of what was going on.
"Sam... Farah. They've both gone. I went into your office and found the boy Luna hired on the floor with the trap broken... Someone set her free."
I felt the cold stare of Rosalind on my face. Miss Dowling... She was alive? But how... I tried to contain myself, it wouldn't be the best time to jump for joy.
"I have Dane and Riven searching for Sam... Beatrix is looking for Farah." 
Andreas also turned to look at me, like I was the solution to all their problems.
"What are you playing at girl?" Before I could reply a shout came from behind us all.
"NOW!" That voice was familiar... I turned around to see all of the Winx girls and Miss Dowling who ran as quickly as she could to Rosalind, placing two bracelets on her wrists. The memory of Beatrix being captured was brought back to me.
I looked around and saw Terra, Flora and Sam using their magic to cling Rosalind and Andreas to the ground with vines, Stella was also taking part in making Rosalind temporarily blind. Everything was happening to fast... What on earth was going on? I then heard the grunts of Andreas as Sky and Helia grabbed either of his arms, nailing him to the ground. Musas eyes turned a deep purple, holding Andreas' head in place so she could take over his brain. All the while Aisha stood with two massive water bubbles at the ready.
Everyone stopped when they got in place, all focusing on keeping Rosalind and Andreas down.
"I think you'll find you don't always win..." Farah smiled satisfied at her accomplishment. As if it couldn't get any worse, Dane, Riven and Beatrix appeared... Great.
"We have to leave now!! This will only work for so long..." Dowling shouted. The sky then grumbled in response to Beatrix' calling. Rosalinds face looked weak, but cunning as always. Her eyes began to turn... But how was that possible? She had the bracelets on...
"Miss Dowling!!"
Dowling then placed one of her hands on Rosalinds head causing her to scream.
"Everyone grab my arm!"
As if some sort of plan was formed, everyone ran over to Stella as quickly as possible and time stopped. Everything was a blur... I stood there stunned until I felt Sky's hand pull me over to Stella.
Within what felt like seconds I began to wake up at the same time as everyone else, we were all lying on the ground of what looked like a different forest, but it didn't feel magical... We were back in the Firstworld.
"It actually worked..." Aisha said beginning to laugh. What actually worked? Everyone else began to laugh with her and I looked over to Miss Dowling, who I could finally take a second to appreciate.
"Your alive?" I knew she was alive... The soft smile of Dowlings face looked at me and we gave eachother a sort of mind-hug before getting up off the leaf covered ground. Two arms then wrapped around me which I knew to be Sky's.
"Heya." I said playfully.
"Hey..." He said, kissing me on the head. His hug made the world slow down, made the mounds of information I'd just bene told easier to carry.
"Care to explain?" He laughed slightly at the accomplishment of what they had all done.
"On the way... We have to get moving before Rosalind finds out what we've done." We continued through the forest and I looked over at Sam, who seemed to be looking slightly better as he put his weight on Musas shoulder. I then let go of Sky's hand to run over to Dowling. It was surreal... I began to talk to her and she started to explain with the rest of the group what happened.