Chapter 1

The music "I put a spell on you by Annie Lennox" plays softly on the background as the taxi rides on the street showing a beautiful lady sitting on the passenger seat, she looks younger like in her early twenties.
Amber Smith has successfully graduates from the Chicago state University as one of the best accounting student, she moves into New York City, Albany precisely to start a new independent life and face new challenges.

The dry leaves roll on the street gravel as the taxi comes to a stop beside a nice apartment, Amber heaved a sigh of relief.

"Miss. We are here" the driver said politely starring at her through the inner car mirror.
"Is this the address?" Amber ask politely to make sure.
"Pearl Street, it is" the driver said with certainty.
"Sure".
Amber opens the door and cautiously step down from the car, she goes to the back and takes her luggage from the booth, and the car rides off speedily into the street while she face her new apartment with smile on her face as the sun flashes through the nearby tall trees, the music fades gradually while she roll her black box approaching the apartment entrance.
"Welcome to Albany, pearl Street ... Amber" she thought happily.

Amber walks down the passage and presses a door button and immediately the door swung open showing a beautiful lady of about Amber's age or younger.

"You must be Amber" the lady said in excitement.

"Yeah...." Amber nods sheepishly.

"Come in" the lady ushers her inside, she walks into the small passage while the lady hurriedly locks the door from behind.

"Let me help you" the lady takes Amber's black box and begins rolling as they walk into a spacious living room.

"So, do you have a name?" Amber ask nervously and the lady smirk.

"Of course, I'm Mia" Mia pauses.

"Please have a sit, how do you see the apartment?" Mia adds in anxiously as she takes her seat across Amber on the soggy armchair.

"Well, it's not bad but I'll need to see my bedroom" Amber said.

"Sure, let's go" Mia takes the black box and walk Amber into an almost empty bedroom; it was indeed spacious and accommodating, it was painted off white.

"Woa, this is .... beautiful" Amber gaze at every corner of the room in astonishment.

"I love it already!" Amber exclaims as she turns to smiling Mia.

"Do you mind if we check the other room?" Mia ask politely.

"No, I'll take this one" Amber pauses.

"Thank you" they exchange warm smile.

"Okay. You can start moving in" Mia taps the black box as if reminding Amber to start arranging the room to her taste, Amber immediately walks closer to the box.
The music instrumental plays slowly on the background as Amber begins arranging her bedroom while Mia leaves the room in silence.

The music comes to life again in the busy street showing different cars and people walking up and down, Amber walks down the street in a black trouser and cost more like a business suit or Blazer.
The nearby mart post shows "Now open" Amber walks into the mart and the music fades.

"Welcome"

"How may I help you?" the counter lady ask politely with smile on her face.

"Good morning"

"I'm Amber Smith"

"I came here to deliver this letter to your director" Amber said politely rummaging her handbag to bring out the envelope, the counter lady cross her arms.