Chapter 3

"You!"

"You!"

Chief Executive Officer Liam and Amber gaze at each other in surprise, Amber redress with a short bow.

"How did you get accepted into my bank?" Liam ask slyly as he walks closer to his seat.

"I made first class in accounting department" Amber said.

"And should I congratulate you?" Liam ask annoyingly.

"I dare not ask for such, sir" Amber said politely.

"Start talking" Liam said sitting on the seat and putting his elbows on his desk with his hands clasped, he state at Amber with an unreadable expression while she clear her throat nervously.

"My departmental boss Mr. Noah gave me an assignment to work on over the weekend, the spreadsheet had tons of digits yet I didn't see any transaction slip" Amber pauses.

"I wanted to ask for an explanation but I dare not ruin my first week at work, after submitting my spreadsheet I was framed for stealing the company's fund" Amber explains briefly.

"I checked my account balance but I didn't receive any alert and there is no way I'll steal here and resume work" Amber defends herself confidently while Liam smirks.

"Miss. Amber, this is a local bank that half of the citizens save their fund. I can't let this case slide because five hundred million dollars isn't a small money and there are no evidence pointing you're innocent" Liam said neutrally.

"I just moved into New York, I just got this job" Amber complains sadly.

"I would never take what's not mine" Amber said confidently.

"But you took almost three hundred dollars from me!" Liam reminds annoyingly.

"You've proved yourself to be a con artist, how can I believe you?" Liam ask angrily still maintaining his reserved posture.

"That's the outside world and besides I lent that cash to my sick mum" Amber said sadly.

"Please believe me, I will not ruin my reputation by stealing" Amber pleas pitifully.

"Miss. Amber Smith, you're fired and will be sent to jail immediately" Liam said bluntly in an arrogant tone as she falls on her knees helplessly.

"Please sir, give me a chance to prove my innocence. I promise I'll try" Amber pleas sadly.

"Stay home and do that, I give you five days" Liam pauses.

"If you still have no evidence to prove your innocence, you will be sent to jail" Liam said.

"Thank you so much sir" Amber gradually stands cleaning her wet eyes with the back of her hand.

"Go prepare a strong lawyer also before your days start counting" Liam reminds, Amber nods cowardly and hurriedly leaves his office, he smirk.

"Missing five million dollars all of a sudden?"

"Where are the loops?"

Amber thinks sadly as she roll on the soggy small bed.

"It's only one week in Chase bank, I haven't made any enemies yet" Amber pauses.

"Who would want to do me such evil?" Amber adds in cryptically as she gradually sit upright on the bed.

"Glenn and Noah are the only suspicious people on my list" Amber sigh in fatigue.

"Where can I find a good lawyer?" with this Amber slides down and rest on the bed closing her eyes slowly, the bedside alarm clock shows 8:30pm.

The sharp horns from different cars blar in the street as the traffic jam seem endless, Amber walks on the street in a blue jean and black flowery polo with a black mini bag on her shoulder, her facial expression looks unreadable. After walking for minutes, Amber walks into a building that has J and C legal partnership logo on the wall.