Questions Without Answers

*Mason's POV*

"Ok Ari. What do you want to know." I asked my best friend or at least best human one.

"Well first off, are you a vampire and if not what are you?" She asked me.

"I'm not a vampire I am a Dark Angel. My mother was an angel and my father is a devil." I replied.

"Can you show me?" She asked. As soon as she did I brought out my wings and horns.

"Woah." She said.

"Ok next question." I told her.

"How do you know the Cullens?" She asked.

"Carlisle found me after I ran away from home and he's been family ever since" I told Ariana.

"Ok. Why did you run away from home?" She asked me.

I thought about it but some memories are too painful. These particular ones felt like something tearing at my chest and leaving it open. It made me feel so sad and so angry at the same time. It was enough to remember but to talk about it? That I could never do.

"Some questions just don't have answers." I said and then walked off before should could ask me any more.

That night it was very hard for me to sleep, especially without Alice. My old memories kept running around in my head. I decided to go to the kitchen for a glass of water. I drank but it didn't help anything. I sat on a stool and stared at nothing just remembering. It made my whole body go numb and my brain unfocused. It hurt so bad. So I just sat there lost in my own depressing memories.

*Alice's POV*

I came home from hunting, eager to see my mate, leaving my family behind. I walked in the house and saw her in the kitchen. She looked so sad and hurt that it hurt me. I carefully walked up to her so I didn't scare her.

"Mason? What's wrong?" I asked with worry in my voice.

It was as if she was in a trance and as soon as she heard my voice she was released.

"Nothing, just bad memories". She replied.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked her.

"No it hurts too much." She said.

"Ok." I said and the sat down beside her.

I wrapped my arms around her and gave her the best hug I could manage. Then I gave her a quick kiss. She smiled a bit.

"Come on. You need to go back to bed." I said to her.

"Ok". She replied, so I lead her up the stairs and put her back in bed.

I cuddled up beside her and just listened to her breathing thinking about what I would do for our date tomorrow. It was going to be amazing.

A/N - Hey guys I hope you liked this chapter. Please comment and vote. Leave any suggestions or things you want in the plot line. Thanks for reading this story.
- Isabel