drowning in the flame

Living above your job has to be one of the best things in the entire world. I can wake up ten minutes before Im supposed to open and I'm already set for the day. Today is Friday which means it's my Monday at work. My best friend Jo works on the days that I'm off. Which makes me stuck with working all through the weekend.

Up until this morning, I hadn't really thought about Harry and the fact that today is Friday, meaning that he might show up. Keyword being might. Thinking about it now he sounds so familiar but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Maybe if he doesn't drown himself in another book I can get a few conversations in. He needs to get out of my mind ugh.

Deciding it was time to get ready I put on some sheer black leggings, a black mini skirt and throw my clothes around trying to find my white collared button-down. I don't know how I can find anything in this room. What can I say I'm just too sad to clean it. Don't patronize me it's the depression room. Finally finding my shirt underneath my pillows I throw it on and add a brown long-sleeved sweater over it. I'm not sure what to do with my hair so I add my black headband and claw clip my hair in the back. I figure I can go without much makeup for the day so I just curl my lashes and coat some mascara over my long lashes.

I grab my small tote bag and my keys and run downstairs. I forget to leave the door open for mercury to come down so I turn right back around and let that little gingerbread boy out so he can come down with me.

I enter the back door of Arsenal through the backyard which is basically my garden and I turn on the gorgeous golden lights that never fail to amaze me. My dad was an architecture freak so he made sure this place had felt like home. I flip the sign to open and get behind the counter. Mercury jumps on top after me and I quickly grab him and put him down so I can wipe down the countertop. He meows at me.

"Who do you think you're talking to mister. You have no right." I point at him as he rolls over on the ground in front of me. I can't help but bend down and give him a little belly rub.

"You think you're so cute, well the joke is on you, you aren't," I say kissing his head before he runs off somewhere upstairs. Probably to hide in the bookshelves.

I jump as I hear a voice from the opposite side of the counter

I jump as I hear a voice from the opposite side of the counter. "Ouch, so you don't think I'm cute?," I could recognize that thick accent from a mile away. Slowly coming back up from the floor to find none other than Harry Styles standing right in front of me. His eyes reflect a bit of gold that comes from the lights above which makes them glisten even more. His hair is floppy and there's a little curl let loose from the rest of it.

"Jesus you scared me, Harry." I put my hand over my heart thanking the gods it wasn't some creepy old man standing across from me. It was just Harry. I let out a small laugh at the same time he does, I catch a glimpse of his pearly whites soon before his smile turns into a smirk.

"Didn't mean to give you a heart attack." he smiles. "How are you today Delilah?" He grabs a stool and sits on it, placing his elbows on the counter and putting his chin in his hands.