swim before you drown

-HARRY-

Trying to find things to write songs about might be the hardest thing in the world. In my head, it feels like it's almost easier once you have the melody down first because the words can continue to flow. I'm almost done with my first album. I just have a few more songs to write. I wrote most of them already when i went to Jamaica. Deciding to leave and come back to LA was my decision, although the band wanted to stay for a few more days. I guess I was feeling a bit homesick and I had just gotten all the inspiration i needed there.

I'm not really sure how I ended up in the corner of a little library on Beachwood Dr, but I have a good feeling that I might be able to make something out of the time I spend here.

This bookstore called Arsenal reminds me of London a bit. The classical music playing and the golden lights that are almost way too dim brings me back home. It's Friday meaning that Faye is out somewhere doing god knows what. I know she goes away for business every weekend but it's hard not being able to see your girlfriend every single weekend. It's even harder when she isn't the easiest to contact. I know she's busy but all i want to do is see her. The eight missed calls on her phone are probably being ignored while she's working. We're both busy people but I'm planning on touring soon and I really want her to come with me, but I don't have the time to ask her. She's probably gonna end up saying no anyways. Snapping back to reality I look around remembering that I'm still at Arsenal.

Delilah. My mind goes straight to Delilah. The short, jumpy brunette girl who has given me the most wonderful book recommendation and the best cup of coffee that I've ever had in my life. She works here or maybe even owns the place since she seems to know what she's doing all the time. It's refreshing to meet someone who has no idea who you are.

Being someone who has been under the public eye since the ripe old age of 16, it's almost as if I'm not treated as a person. It's just nice. She doesn't treat me like some god. Speaking of Delilah, I had been talking to her a few minutes ago. Someone came in the store and from then she was gone. Wondering why she had been gone for so long, I turned my head to glance towards the counter a bit seeing her and this other girl.

The girl had her arms placed on Delilah's shoulder but her head was facing Del so I couldn't really make out what they were saying. All I could tell from the interaction was that her friend had said something which caused Delilah to look at me, her eyes wide as she gives me a sweet smile and turns around into her friend's face so that they were both looking away from me. Hmm. Weird. I play with the cap of my pen not knowing where this song is going to go from here. I flip open the novel that Del gave me and I begin where I left off once again.

-DELILAH-

The moment I made eye contact with Harry I grabbed Jo and turned us around so that he wouldn't see us. How in the absolute fuck did this slip my mind. I mean I know who he is but I've only seen him in his boy band days. He's a bit older now which is probably why I didn't recognize him at first. "Well, I'm sorry Jo, you know I don't keep up with the outside world," I whisper in a quick tone almost as if I'm yelling.

"Delilah Edwards you are blind. Officially blind. How could you forget a face like his?" she scolds me as if this is such a big deal. It is but I mean he's also a person like the rest of us.

"Jo I was never really a fan of the band like you were so cut me some slack. Please for the love of god do not bother the poor man. He probably comes in here to catch a break from this kind of stuff," I say pleading with her. Part of me knew that if she made a big deal of this he would stop showing up. I kind of think he's funny so I don't want to ruin this for him. I give Jo my infamous puppy dog eyes which means that I'm not messing around.