lets start a band

-FAYE-

This crummy old bookstore is the last place I wanted to be on my Thursday afternoon.

After Harry came home last week on Friday with that stupid book, I couldn't help but feel threatened. What is so fucking special about a small store in the middle of nowhere? Couldn't he have just gone to Barnes and Noble or something? I look over to the driver's seat and see Joey. I watch as he effortlessly parks the car on the same block as this place called 'Arsenal.' Who the fuck names a bookstore arsenal?

"Babe, what the actual fuck are we doing here? You don't even read." I hear Joey ask while grabbing his sunglasses from the back seat. I scoff and hit him on the shoulder, hearing him let out a small 'ouch.'

"Fuck you. You go into that cafe down the street. I'm going to be in there." I point to the bookshop that my Harry is so fond of. "Do not come in there. Wait for me here," I say, meaning to make sure he understands.

"Okay, Jesus Faye, calm down." he puts his hands up and heads out of the car. I get out, fixing my makeup in the window before heading into the small shop. Opening the door, I jump a bit when the sound of a bell jingles from above me. I look at the counter and see a girl facing one of the coffee machines she's cleaning. She immediately snapped her head up and smiled at me.

"Hey. Welcome to Arsenal! If you need any help, just let me know." She speaks, and surprisingly her voice comes off softer than I thought it would. She's petite; her hair is long and brown; I notice how long her eyelashes are, nothing like mine. I find it weird that I am staring, so I walk over to where she stands behind the counter.

"I'm actually here to return a book." As I speak to her my gaze falls upon a picture on the wall behind her tiny body. Harry. His picture is on the wall with a cat. His is amongst a few others. I'm fuming at this point and want him to have nothing to do with this girl. I barely hear her mumble a small okay during my moment of silence.

I slam the book on the table and look at her, her eyes wide open. I watch her take a step back. "I don't know who you are but stay away from Harry," I say while walking out of that ugly bookstore with a smirk on my face. The warm air hits me, and I see Joey standing right in front of Arsenal, waiting for me.

"Joey, are you fucking mental? Five minutes ago, I told you to wait in the cafe. Why are you outside?" Dear god, I can't believe this man. He looks like he doesn't even care. I walk over to the car to avoid anyone seeing us together in public. He chases after me and unlocks the door.

- DELILAH-

What the fuck just happened in the span of ten minutes? I have no clue what to say right now; all I can do is be thankful that there are no other customers in this store. Stay away from Harry? I immediately sent Jo a message telling her to stop by whenever she could, not wanting to make a big fuss out of this. I know if I told her what just happened, she would show up in three seconds.

I continue cleaning the coffee machines and the counter. I look down at the book the girl slammed. It's the one I lent to Harry. I try to dismiss the disappointment that flashes across my face but seeing as I'm alone here, I can sulk around for a few minutes. Why would she tell me to stay away from him? How does she even know who I am?

My phone chimes with a notification from Jo saying 'okay!'. I grab the book and place it on the shelf where it was before and sigh. How does she know who I am? I cannot keep thinking about this. I will keep myself out of trouble and leave it alone. Leave him alone. My thoughts are dismissed when the bells make their subtle jingle. A customer. Thank the gods.

"Hello! Welcome to Arsenal. If you need help with anything, call out." I smile at the man and tidy up the books on the shelf. He mumbles out a small 'thanks' and continues to search around. He has this mysterious look to him—somber facial expressions. If I saw him on the street, I would not mess with him. I watch him walk around, and suddenly he's coming toward me at the counter.