south carolina song

a/n- i'm sorry this is literally so bad

-DELILAH-

It's Tuesday. How is it that Tuesdays are almost as dreadful as Mondays? I don't work today, thank the gods for that one, or well maybe I should thank Jo. Jo works at Arsenal today and I was hoping to visit her during closing later but for now, I have shit to do. I worry about Mercury for a sec but realize he's probably downstairs in the shop, curled up in a ball under the shelves. I swear that cat just hides away from everyone. It's why we're besties.

I didn't have much on the agenda for today except for reading and shopping. I was going to get some cute decorations for the store so I might as well get ready and do that before I fall back asleep. I don't want to move from my bed at all. One leg at a time Delilah. You got this girl. After five minutes I decide it's been embarrassingly long enough so I get up and hop in the shower. Deciding to not wash my hair, I tie it up in a small bun on my head so it's out of the way. I'm not sure what playlist I feel like listening to so I just tell Alexa to shuffle Spotify.

Turning on the water I make sure it's the hottest it can go, letting my bathroom steam up a bit. Going into my closet and grabbing a change of clothes, I hum along to the sound of Bruno Mars. If someone sang "Just the way you are," to me I would double over and die. Picking up a pair of sweats and a tank top I throw them into the bathroom, doing a little slide, I run into the bathroom and shut the door so that the effect of the steam lasts a lot longer.

Hopping in, I just shove my body under the scorching hot water. I just stand there. I haven't had time to think lately. Too much going through my mind. I'm trying to start writing a book. Keyword being trying. It's so difficult because I want to put everything I have into this book but I'm not even sure what I want to write about. What if I'm not good enough? What if no one reads it? I'm not interesting. I don't even have a writing style because I'm so in love with every aspect of writing, I cannot choose. It's driving me crazy.

I grab my body wash and pour some onto the fluffy little ball that's shaped like a duck. I'm not sure why Jo bought this loofah for me. Very awkward to wash your body with a duck. I can't help but drift my mind over to Harry when I think of Jo. Realizing that she told me who he was. God, I'm so stupid. He's obviously attractive. Is he just a regular customer? Is he a friend? Why do I get excited every single Friday I work?

No Delilah he's not a friend you barely know each other... I did tell him my life story though.

Okay, Touche. Does he like me? God. Am I in the fifth grade? Of course, he does not like me, he's a celebrity. What would he want with a girl from South Carolina who owns a stupid bookstore? I place my hand on my forehead trying to disrupt the inner dialogue I'm having.

"Delilah shut up, please. You met the guy last week for crying out loud. He's also fucking famous. Oh god. He's famous." I need to shut up. If I don't soon, I'll start going crazy. I'll talk to Jo about this later. After I'm done cleansing my body to make it squeaky clean I grab the towel hanging from the wall behind the curtain and I step out drying one leg at a time.

After turning the shower off, I wrap the princess towel around my body. I take my bun out and brush my hair, realizing a few baby hairs got wet. I decide on using my straightener to bump the ends of my hair out and fix up the swoop on my grown-out bangs. Hair is my least favorite part about getting ready. It's the easiest thing to fuck up.

Once I finish that, I change into my sweats and my tank top and decide to put a hoodie over that and it's cute enough to go outside in. I decided against makeup and put my glasses on since I don't even want to bother with my contacts today. Sometimes I just go without them because I'm too lazy. I need to stop doing that before I walk into the street and get hit by a car. Leaving the bathroom door open to let all of the hot air out, I go to my nightstand and grab my phone and check the time. It's almost twelve o clock, so I technically have the whole day ahead of me. I head to the kitchen and get a glass of water before I leave since I know I'll end up being dehydrated later on.