Part 1

"Hey!" I shouted as I felt a rock hit my head. When I turned to see who had thrown it, it was Arise.

Arise was a classmate of mine who teased me because she knew I had a crush on her boyfriend, Yoongi. I've liked Yoongi since first grade. It was a silly thing, but he somehow managed to catch my eye. Since then I've tried so hard to get him to notice me, but he became popular and started dating Arise.

Arise is an American Japanese foreigner who moved to Korea in the third grade. She moved from California, and of course knowing how to speak English she quickly became one of the most adored students. So there was no doubt that when she asked Yoongi out, he said yes.

"Oops, I didn't see you there. My aim is so off." She laughed as she walked past me, making sure to bump my shoulder in the process. I winced and stumbled as she did so.

I managed to bring myself into focus and make my way into the school building. It was the first day of eighth grade. I wasn't nervous for the new school year, rather relieved that high school was gonna start soon and I could finally get away from this horrid school and people.

My family announced to me over summer break that we were gonna move to London after my middle school years were over so I could study at a good high school. Not only that, but my father would be able to acquire a better job, and I could start fresh. I was excited. It meant I wouldn't have to see Arise or Yoongi again. No more drama. No more pain.

I entered my first class, which was English. I was really getting the hang of the English language, which will help me when I move to London. I quickly looked around the room to see if Arise might be in this class, but she wasn't. For that I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. When I opened them, I saw Yoongi walking right past me. He startled me in the process as he occupied the empty chair next to me.

This is NOT happening right now. I thought.