Part 4

It was a beautiful sunny day. I was excited because I would be seeing my friend Jimin today.

Jimin and I met a long time ago, at preschool. He was my best friend until he moved away. Since then we've emailed each other, and when we were old enough to get our own phones, we called almost every day. It's been 3 months since I last saw him in person. I was excited.

"JIMIN!" I ran into my friend's arms, nearly tripping.

"MI MI!" Jimin squealed like a little child. Mi Mi was the nickname he gave me as kids.

"Oh how I missed you." I clinged onto him tighter. Jimin was like an older brother to me.

"I missed you too."

We both smiled as we pulled away.

"So tell me, do you still think about Yoongi these days?" His question startled me as we haven't spoken about Yoongi in a while.

I shrugged

"Are you serious? Please for the love of God, please get over him." Jimin stopped in his tracks and cried out. I knew he was only teasing, but a part of me felt sad. "I need to set you up with one of my friends."

"No"

"Why nottttttt." Jimin continued to whine and I rolled my eyes in response.

A FEW MONTHS LATER

"APPA!" I screamed for my father as I barely freed myself from what seemed to be broken glass. The sharp pieces stung through my arm.

"KIM!" I could hear my mothers cry and I followed her weeping.

As I grew closer to her, I saw my fathers legs tangled. His face was swollen, bruised, and bleeding. A large cut was displayed from his forehead. My mother continued to cry as she held me tight.

My body was stiff.

TWO YEARS LATER

After my father passed, Jimin's mom agreed to let him move in with us. I started high school in Korea, and today was the first day of sophomore year. I felt a little relieved as I was going to spend the remaining of my school years with my childhood best friend.

"What do you think?" Jimin asked as he did a twirl in his new uniform. I giggled at his childlike behavior.

Freshman year was rough. I was still grieving my father and missed a ton of school days. I was almost threatened to be kicked out. That's when my mom called Jimin's mom. It took a lot of convincing, but it was able to be established.

Jimin's mom wanted him to finish his remaining freshman year at his old school. So i didn't get to see him until summer, but even as little as knowing i'll be able to see him every day after that, encouraged me to push through my shitty freshman year.

Now here we are.

"Ah ah, Jimin. Your mom wants photos. You two quickly stand next to the door." My mom was holding her disposable camera as I groaned. I hated pictures.

Jimin on the other hand, was so naturally photogenic, it was crazy. He had a crazy big glow up since the last time I saw him. I almost didn't recognize him. Unfortunately for me, I still looked the same.

On arrival at school, people were already staring at us. Well, mostly at Jimin.

"Are you new?" Someone stopped us to ask Jimin. The girl who did had pale skin and dark hair. Her hair was so long and silky, it really matched her complexion. She was tall and I noticed her eyes grow wide when Jimin cutlery giggled.

"Well yes I am." Jimin lightly pulled the girl's hand to plant a kiss. Her cheeks turned a shade of pink before she giggled.

"Im Jisoo"

"Jimin"

"Who are you?" She asked rather politely.

"I'm Mison."

"That's a nice name." She smiled. "Are you also new?"

"No." I replied. "JImin is though, he's my best friend who just moved here. In other words though, my older brother." She smiled and I did too.

"That's so cute. Maybe we can all be friends? I came to the school freshman year and I only really have one close friend."