Epiloge

~ Two days later ~

No more nightmares. Never again. Deanna would probably have been able to help me without me talking to Jean-Luc but it would not have been half as nice. First I had doubts but in the end it was the right thing. I am walking along the halls of the ship and go to see the office of Deanna Troi. Within a few minutes I have my second session with her – and also my last one; After all my nightmares are not terrible anymore. Quite the opposite, they could not be any better.

I activate the button and wait for Deanna to ask me to come in. As this happens I walk into the office and sit down on the couch immediately. I know, Deanna must have already noticed that something is different. She can sense it. “Hello Beverly. As I can see you are much better now?” A smile sneaks onto my lips. And how much better I am! “I am fantastic, the dream is finally gone. I tried to relax but it didn’t work. Then I talked to Guinan and she told me to talk to Jean-Luc. Oh Deanna, it was the best decision of my life!” I cannot get out of my enthusiasm and she senses it. “I guess it all went out well?”

“I could not be any happier with him”, I give her as an answer. She understands immediately and is delighted for me.  I can see it in her look; she has not to speak it out loud. I should have talked much earlier to him, I now know it. But as they say, better late than never!