Chapter 3

Genesis woke up panicking and for multiple reasons. She was laid up in a hospital bed with an IV in the back of her hand and no one was around to give her an explanation.

Her sibling came home and went the night without seeing her as it was eight O'clock in the morning when she was finally awakened. She didn't get to her jobs or no longer had a phone to call and ask for another chance. Who would give her brothers their lunch money and where was her bag she had in the restaurant's restroom. She couldn't help but consider her hard earned money was gone forever. 

Her panicking state never settles even as the door opens and her old friends walked in. "Thank God you're up."

Rosetta put away the items she had in her hands and hug her friend. "You've been sleeping for the past fifteen hours."

"I figured." Genesis spoke with a sad smile. Happy to see her friends but not to be in that position of being laid up in a hospital bed. "When will I be able to leave? I'm truly fine."

"Don't worry too much, let us explain." Nikita insisted and Gen nods, despite her anxiety to go.

"First things first, since you are more worried than impatient. Nick and I handled everything. Your brothers are informed of your situation and they were worried too, but uncle let them pack a small bag. They stayed with him since my parents went out of town and he helped them off to school. They even told him to tell you they had loads of fun last night and a forehead kiss this morning when the head maid wished them good luck for school." Rosetta listed and Gen felt like crying.

"Thank you so much. I'm sorry about yesterday and bothering-"

"Nothing and you're welcome." Nick stated and Gen smiled. "Now about your jobs, we have a better one for you."

"What?" Gen asked, surprised at their generosity towards her. 

"Uncle Cos is also willing to help and so are we." Rose spoke.

"What is it? Are you sure I'm not bothering you too much with my problems?" She responded but her friends ignored her question.

"As payment for helping us and being our bestfriend during the times we needed you. We would really appreciate it if you accepted our offer." Theses words from Nick's mouth made Gen suspicious.

"What is it?"

"We want you to attend school and work for our family as payment for providing for yourself and your brothers." Rose explained and was ready to plead for Gen to accept the offer.

"What is the job I'm likely to do?"

The friends sigh a breath of relief and Rose replied. "Anything really, consider it multitasking. You can work in the kitchen, as a maid and a part time gardener as I saw your garden at your home. There are other areas like doing shopping for the house or running errands between the homes."

"You can do part time as a server at the parties our families held and we can be around you all the time to meet during your free time. That is if you choose to do online classes and the best part is you can live in the staff quarters with your brothers." Nick added in a happy tone of voice.

"I don't know. I don't want to take advantage of your friendship with me." Was Genesis's excuse that had her friends glaring at her." Fine."

Her friends celebrates by squealing then hugs Genesis  before giving her the items they bought for her.  She was thankful for the items then went in the adjoined bathroom to wash up and get dressed. She returned to see the doctor who did a final checkup and removed the IVs from her hand that she was struggling with to take a proper shower without it hurting her. The area was sensitive but she was so hungry, eating all the food items her friends brought for her.

Rosetta was the one driving as Nikita stayed at the back with Genesis

Not finished....