Chapter Forty-Three: Secrets and Spouses

Adir's POV:

Dorian laughs at me as I nearly skip back home from work.

"Stop flouncing about. Your women isn't going to have any interest in you if she sees you like that," Dorian teases.

"I am not flouncing," I argue, slowing down my more than casual walk home from working in the fields.

Dorian simply shakes his head and I happily throw open the door to our home, ready to see my wife, or soon to be wife.

She was not happy about me taking her as a wife so soon last night, but I think she was just nervous.

This morning she seemed off still though, something I have to investigate.

Kitsuk and Larken turn as me and everyone else enters.

"Dinner smells fantastic," I praise, migrating over to the kitchen to peck my Kitsuk's check.

"It's almost done. I'll finish up, Kitsuk," Larken says to my delight.

"I call dibs. Kitsuk, come here, Doll," Dorian calls before I can get out a word. He strips out of his work clothes, getting into his pallet, knowing I won't argue with him.

Kitsuk doesn't pay much attention to Dorian though, too focused on the silent brooding one unwinding from work himself.

"Go get in Kilian's bed," I tell Kitsuk softly.

Her eyes slide to me and she nods quietly. "Yes... my lord."

She doesn't see the grin on my face from her words because she sprints off to do as told.

I can tell the second he realizes she is in his bed. He pauses his undress, looking up at her. They have a silent exchange of understanding and after a moment Kilian takes off his shirt.

Letting his shirt silently fall to the floor, he makes his way over to his cot. Sitting on the edge of his bed, he examines Kitsuk at a distance for a moment, seeming to not know what to do with her.

We all can tell he is devastated by her rejection, but is also trying to balance being happy for his love.

Kitsuk lays down without prompting, putting her head on his thigh. He hesitates for a moment, looking up to me.

I can see the conflict on his face. He needs her so much, but knows she's mine.

I give him a soft nod and that's all the encouragement he needs to start running his fingers through her hair.

Once he starts, he can't stop, trying to get all the comfort he can from her. After a moment of combing his fingers through her hair he sits her up and brings her into his lap. She happily cuddles into his chest and he pushes forward at her silent encouragement, digging his face into her neck and hair.

His arms are tight around her, but she doesn't complain. His shoulders start to shake and I turn away, knowing my brother is still morning then loss of the love he lost and I gained.

Dorian and Issac doesn't push to take Kitsuk away from Kilian, letting him have her as long as he needs.

I think Kitsuk needs him too though, needs to see that although he mourns her, he still loves her and doesn't harbor any resentment for her.

Kilian has her a while and we don't bother them even when Larken serves up dinner. Once Kilian seems to have cried it out he pulls away, keeping her in his arms as he plays with the tendrils of her hair.

"You need to go eat, Little Doll," Kilian tells her.

"So do you..." Kitsuk counters softly.

I don't think Kilian intended to eat, but he obeys her. Gently setting her down, he follows after her like a lost puppy to eat.