Chapter Forty-Seven: Company

Adir's POV:

Issac continues to glance over at Kitsuk, his expression tight with worry.

"She's alright, Issac," I promise, making him glance to me before silently turning back to the bouquet of wildflowers he was arranging on the table.

"She didn't sound alright. She made so many loud noises. You and Dorian should give her more paste while she is still asleep," Issac babbles.

"She's just fine, Issac. You shouldn't worry so much-"

"You bed her because of me," Issac snaps, making me reel back a bit. "She's suffering because of me," Issac says sternly, his jaw tight.

"Issac, brother, her breeding had nothing to do with you. Her first girl will be yours, but she needed to be bed anyways," Larken insists, seeing how much guilt Issac has taken on for her state.

"Shh," Kilian hisses, pausing his petting of her hair to glare at us.

We all glare back before going back to our preparations.

"Larken speaks the truth, she needed to be bed anyways to take her lord," Dorian assures.

"She was not in pain anyways. Her noises were of pleasure. She felt pain briefly in the beginning, but that quickly changed, Issac. If you still feel bad for her, you can help me pamper her with the oils the other clansmen gave us for her.They even had one to help with her fertility," I bribe, trying to cheer him up.

I can tell he still feels at fault for Kitsuk being bed. Despite that though, he is also excited at the prospect of her being with child soon.

Kitsuk stirs and we all freeze.

I leave my station at the stove and Larken continues his cooking.

Killian steps away from her bedside so that I may take his place.

As she comes to realize me and her are not alone, her hand goes to the bedsheets.

"How are you, Treasure? Where are you in pain?"

She looks around at my brothers before shifting her legs around in bed. I place my hand on her leg in an effort to keep her from hurting herself, but she doesn't stop.

"I actually feel alright..." Kitsuk blushes, slowly sitting up. She seems concerned by the lack of pain, but this news elates me.

"You are not in pain?" I am too concerned by this. The other clansmen said she would be fine, but she had been so sure, I can't help but feel like Kitsuk would know.

"...Uhh no," she hesitates, glancing again at my brothers. Heat comes to her cheeks and from her hesitation I feel as if she had not been telling me the truth.

"You must feel some sort of pain, remain in bed," I command, seeing her wince ever so slightly when she stands.

"She is shy, leave me and Adir to tend to her," Dorian commands, seeming to realize the issue.

Kitsuk flushes more, glancing away from the rest of my brothers as they leave.

"You must not lie to us, Kitsuk, especially, about your care. Tell us what pains you, Treasure?"

"I...I it isn't bad... I am just a little sore... between my legs," Kitsuk admits, clenching her knees together tightly as Dorian approaches.

"Your thighs, or where Adir bred you?" Dorian questions, getting more salve.

She lets out a squeamish sound, rather discomforted by the conversation with our current company. No other reply comes forth and we know our answer.

"You must be gentle so you don't hurt her more. Use your fingers to coat her with this. Only do what she can tolerate. Me and the others will draw her a bath while you apply this to her," Dorian instructs, leaving Kitsuk untouched.