Part-35: "You are My Priority and not an Option Chashmish!"

Randhir (still sitting on his knees and holding her hand): Then Will you be my 'Plus One' Chashmish?

Sanyukta (finally leaving her inhibitions): Ok fine!! I will be your 'Plus One'.

Randhir (standing up and hugging her tightly in excitement): Oh my God! Thank you so much Chashmish.

Sanyukta (getting conscious in front of their parents): Ummm Randhir......

Randhir realized that he was hugging her in front of their parents and so he backed off and scratched his nape as he was a little embarrassed.

Randhir (covering up his embarrassment): So Chashmish, wake up at 6 AM tomorrow and meet me in the backyard.

Sanyukta (raising her eyebrows): 6 AM? Why should I meet you so early in the morning? The party is in the evening, right?

Randhir: That's right Chashmish but there is no harm in getting up early in the morning. Right?

Sanyukta: Yeah but....

Randhir (interrupting Sanyukta): Oh, come on Chashmish! Stop being a lazy cat. (Stroking her nose and chuckling) Lazy cats often turn fat!

Sanyukta (angrily): Randhir you!!

Randhir (Running to his room and giving flying kiss to her): Good Night Chashmish! I will come in your sweet dreams.

Sanyukta (shouting): I am not meeting you at 6 AM tomorrow Randhir!

By that time Randhir had already entered into his room and only his laughter could be heard in the house. On the other hand, Sanyukta's parents were pleasantly surprised on seeing their ever so shy and innocent daughter reacting in such a different manner. Now they really believed that a person's company can bring a lot of change in his/her personality, just like Randhir unfurled different layers of Sanyukta's personality which she herself was not aware of. Everyone wished good night to each other and went to sleep.

Wednesday, 5:30 AM

Sanyukta was peacefully sleeping in her room. She had a slight smile on her lips and her hairlocks were falling on her face. The first rays of the sun were touching her face and were providing her solace in her sleep. Suddenly, she felt that sunrays were not falling on her face anymore and she felt a very soft touch on her forehead and cheeks as if someone was removing hairlocks from her face. She really liked the soft touch on her face. She felt that it must be her mom who is caressing her so lovingly in the morning.

Randhir (stroking her hairlocks and admiring Sanyukta): Chashmish is looking so peaceful in her sleep. Maybe I should let her sleep!

Randhir was about to get up when Sanyukta held his hand in her sleep and kept it under her head.

Sanyukta (in sleep): Mom don't go na! Please sit here for a few minutes na!

Randhir was awed seeing Sanyukta's cuteness and innocence. The strict professor who is always immersed in her work is actually a child in her real-life who seeks solace in her mom's warmth. She was cute as a toddler!

Randhir (suddenly realising something): Wait! What! Did she just hold my hands thinking I was her mom!

Randhir suddenly pulled his hand from under her head and Sanyukta's head softly fell on the pillow and she whined....

Sanyukta (whining): Mom....

Randhir (jerking her shoulder): Get up Chashmish.....I am Randhir and not your mom!

Sanyukta (hearing Randhir's voice and opening her eyes): Randhir tum! What are you doing here so early in the morning? (Angrily) Don't you have manners that you shouldn't enter someone's room, especially a girl's room without knocking?