Chapter 4

The awakening

Like a bad dream I shot up, eyes wide open, breathing heavily and sweat covering my forehead, "W...What the hell was that about" I take the thought that it still isn't over and look to my left to see whether that large red stain where my wife was suppose to be, I swiftly shift my head to the left and let out a large sigh of relief, my wife was there fast asleep, "Thank God..." but now I cant sleep, I curse silently "there's no way I'm going back to sleep" being careful not to wake her up and climb out of my bed to see if I can get something to calm my nerves.

As I go down my stairs I remember leaving the hall light on by accident, now I'm glad I did... I sigh with relief and whisper "Thank god, I don't think I could've handled anymore darkness in that hallway", I walk into my kitchen and shiver as I remember faintly about what I saw, It was not pleasant in the least.

I'm just the doorway to my kitchen and I have to squint my eyes just to search for the light switch, "Ah there you are ya' bugger, found you" I flip the switch for the light, and they flicker on and illuminate the area, I casually walk over and pour myself a glass of water to calm my nerves but I still cant ignore the feeling of being watched, far away, in the ever darkening night...