Chapter 7

"I'm not sure, I guess it's up for debate" I reply nervously

She buries her head in my chest and mumbles with a muffled voice "I don't want to leave the house.... I'm to scared too... I don't want to end up like that poor person"

I rest my hand on her head and stroke her head in comfort "neither do I, it's okay, Ill stay here with you"

She sighs softly in relief "Thank you..."

I switch the TV off with the remote that is still in my hands, I don't to think about that anymore, the real thing is scared into my head, I will not be forgetting that either. I carry her over to the couch and she curls up like a cat into a ball laying her head on my lap, I continue to stroke her head softly I can tell she is relaxing by how quickly her heart it beating, its slowed down greatly which s good, I don't like it when she's scared.

I pick up the remote for the TV next to me and I switch it on, turning the volume down trying not to alarm her, she looks up at me confused and whispers "Why did you switch the TV on?" I look back down at her and whisper back "Oh? I was just curious on whether they found anything else about that mist".

The news is over and I sigh softly and look down at her "It's over, there's nothing else on". She rolls over and hugs my waist tight and I hug her back gently, but I raise and eyebrow in confusion on why she randomly did so. I hear in the back ground the radio switch on and another emergency announcement from the NHS Medical Council, only its an update on the current situation outside. It states that the people that were affected by the phenomena we're in, and its geting worse, they recorded 16 deaths in total.