Chapter 2: Home

Frisk sat on their bed, staring up at the ceiling. It had been a few minutes since they arrived and Toriel had left to let the pie cool.

Frisk looked over at the two rabbit-like creatures in the room with them.

The boy- presumably Cucumber- looked down at the star shaped object in his hands with a fearful look in his eye.

Meanwhile his sister- Probably Almond- looked around her, before standing up and leaving the room.

Frisk followed her, it was best they make sure she doesn't hurt anyone with her sword. I mean heck, she could've killed Flowey back there!

He probably would be fine and burrowed before she was able to. But you never know, they aren't even supposed to be here!

Before Frisk could spiral into their thoughts about timelines they saw Almond enter Toriels room.

Frisk peered around the edge of the door, watching her look around skeptically.

She opened the joke book, after a beat of silence scowled at the pun and kept looking.

She glanced at the door and saw Frisk. Frisk ducked behind the wall but it was too late.

"What do you think you're doing?" Almond asked impatiently. She tried to look angry but her eyes were laced with fear and skepticism.

Frisk started to sign. "You're lucky Cuco made me learn sign language." Almond said with annoyance.

'What are you doing in Toriel's room?'

"Looking around for anything dangerous, duh! I don't trust her."

'She's harmless. Trust me.'

"And how do you know that?"

"Pie's cooled!" Toriel called from the kitchen, interrupting the conversation.

Almond paused, seeing Cucumber exit the room and nervously join Toriel

Almond followed suit, mumbling something under her breath.

'Weird.' Frisk thought, joining the in the living room.

--------------

The four sat at the table, Frisk eating a slice of pie while the others stared at it cautiously.

Cucumber looked at his sister worriedly.

Almond met Cucumber's eyes for a moment before looking back at the food, searching for anything wrong with it.

She looked over at Cucumber as he did the same before he cautiously took a bite.

"This is really good!" He smiled at Toriel.

Almond gave him a look that shouted 'What are you doing??' as he ate more of the pie.

Cucumber shrugged at her nervously. Almond looked at Toriel, whose eyes filled with nostalgia and delight.

Frisk looked indifferent, but kept sneaking glances at Almond to see what she was doing.

Frisk and Cucumber finished the pie, thanking Toriel and putting their dishes in the sink.

Almond did the same but threw away the uneaten pie, much to Toriels disappointment.

--------

"What's this book about..?" Cucumber nervously looked at her bookshelf. Interested about the books in this place.

"Oh! That one?" Toriel looked delighted to have someone interested in it.

Almond hadn't even cared and Frisk was in their room and looked more focused on other things than learning.

"That's a book about snails! Did you know snails don't have tails?"

"..Wait really?"

The two read the books together, Toriel occasionally telling the young rabbit about herself.

Cucumber slowly warmed up to her, growing less nervous and cautious and more confident.

"Y'know, I always wanted to be a teacher."

"You did?"

"Yeah, I never got around to it though."

"..I wanted to apply to a school a while ago but some.. things happened."

"Is that so? I'd be happy to teach you what I know about monsters."

"You would..?"

------------------

Almond sat on her bed, the kid- Their name might've been Frisk- had gone on a walk outside.

Almond wouldn't lie, she was worried. Cucumber had been 'hanging out' with Toriel for hours.

She was about to get up to check when the door foew open, revealing Cucumber holding a stack of books.

"What took you so long?" Almond said sarcastically, attempting to disguise her concern.

"I was talking to Toriel. Learned cool facts about monsters!"

"Monsters?"

"Yeah! Apparently Humans, Monsters, and Bunypeople used to live together!"

"Huh."

Almond layed down on her bed as Cucumber ranted about snails and fire magic, her mind racing with thoughts.

Could Toriel really be trusted? She was a Monster after all.

What happened between the three races?

She was left alone with Cuco and didn't harm him, she could be trustworthy?

What happened to Nautilus and Sir Carrot?

Are Cuco and her really safe-

"Almond?" She blinked. Looking up at her brother in confusion.

"Are you okay? You spaced out.."

"Yeah.. I'm fine."

-------------

Frisk walked along the dirt path, running into a few Froggits and sparing them.

Frisk thought back to earlier, helping the two rabbits spare the enemies, reluctantly convincing Almond to not kill Jerry, and arriving at the house.

Frisk sat down. They had to find out what happened to the timeline.

They hadn't reset this time, someone else did. Their first suspect was Chara but they hadn't spoken in a while.

Next was Sans, but they knew he couldn't reset.

...The last reasonable option would be the Playe-

[CONNECTION SEVERED]

[RELOADING...]

[LOADING AUTO-SAVE]

Frisk walked along the dirt path, running into a few Froggits and sparing them.

Frisk thought back to earlier, helping the two rabbits spare the enemies, convincing Almond not to kill Jerry, and arriving at the house.

Frisk sat down. They had to find out what happened to the timeline-

Wait, why does it feel like this already happened?

Oh. Wait.

Frisk decided it would be a good idea not to mention the-