Chapter 5

I opened the trailer door, sitting Carter down for him to run straight to Trevor.
"Daddy!"
He cooed as Trevor scooped him up.
"What's going on, buddy? Did you have fun?"
"Mommy got preset."
He smiled, pointing at me.
"A present? For me?"
Trevor eyeballed me curiously as I stepped outside to grab the guitar. I walked in and placed it in front of him.
"I saw you had a broken string, so I went ahead and got all of them replaced."
Trevor sat Carter down, picking the guitar up and inspecting it. It looked as if he was going to cry.
"Thank you..Bryn. You're the best. It's perfect..like you."
I blushed at his comment as he sat the guitar down and embraced me, pulling me in for a kiss.
"Daddy loves mommy!"
Carter giggled, making me pull away and chuckle.
"So, what's the agenda for today, my dear?"
Trevor asked curiously.
I sighed, coming back into reality.
"We have that meeting to go to about the Lester stuff. It's in about two hours, actually."
"Whose gonna watch the kid?"
I thought for a moment, then sighed.
"We can see if Amanda will watch him. That or, take him with us."
Trevor scratched the back of his head.
"Michael called me earlier, fat bastard woke me up, actually. Said they had gotten into a fight over her being caught with yet another man."
I rolled my eyes.
"Poor guy."
"Yeah, you must've felt sorry for him 2 years ago when you left me for him as well."
Yeah, this Trevor was still live and present, he may have tuned his anger down but not his jealousy.
I took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, trying not to go off in front of the baby.
"Trevor..that was 2 years ago, and only because you got drunk and cheated on me with Amanda. It's not like Michael and I dated, just slept together..once.."
"Oh so you're saying you did it to get me back, eh?"
"No Trevor! You know what, you stay here with this damn kid, I'm going to the meeting!"
With that, I slammed the door and hopped in the car. Trevor didn't even try to chase after me. He knew he was in the wrong. If he can tone his anger down he sure as hell is capable of doing something with that jealousy. I honestly forget that happened sometimes, and yet it's still fresh on his brain, for whatever fucking reason. This is why I didn't mention the weird encounter nor the coffee date with Franklin. Trevor is still a loose cannon, just in other ways.
I arrived at the factory, parking beside of Michael.
I got out to be greeted by the crew.
"Hey, guys. Thanks for coming."
I smiled at the group.
"Hey homie, where's ya man at?"
Franklin questioned.
"Long story. He's babysitting."
Michael busted out laughing.
"Damn, Bryn! You have him trained."
"Alright guys, so outside of the three crew members, we also have Niko Bellic of Liberty City who is willing to help out."
Paige spoke up, turning our attention over to her.
"Lester has used him in the past. He couldn't make it tonight but told me he would help with whatever we needed. I also dug up a few other contacts, although some of them seem up in age.

Claude-Unknown last name. Age 44 from Liberty City. Niko may know him. Known to be a silent type but has committed many crimes.
Carl Johnson-Code name CJ. Around age 47. From San Andreas. Affiliated with the Grove Street Families. Moved to Liberty for a while until his mother and brother were killed, in which he was once again succumbed to the life of crime. Now he seems to lay low, and his whereabouts are unknown since the grove has been overtaken by Ballas.
Last but not least we have Tommy Vercetti, from Vice City."
This particular one struck a note. I glanced at Franklin, who didn't seem to pick up on it. Was it the guy from the coffee shop?
Paige continued.
"He's around 63 years old, but rumor has it he's still active in the crime community. He's head of the Vercetti Gang, and has affiliations with the Cubans and Haitians in Vice City. Seems he overthrew most major businesses and gang leaders for his fortune, and now owns most of Vice to this day. He partnered with a man, however, named Lance Vance, who sold him out, which resulted in the murder of Lance."
"Lance Vance? What kind of buster name is that?"
Franklin chuckled.
He definitely didn't get it. That was the same Tommy from the coffee shop. I decided to speak up.
"Mr. Vercetti is staying at the Crastenburg hotel. Coincidentally, I ran into him earlier today. He wanted me to lead him to businesses he could overthrow. Seemed out of the blue, so I didn't give him much to work with. I think he said he was in room..513?"
"Yeah! That's right. That creepy dude that looked like he should've been an old ass slipper wearing motherfucker!"
Franklin chimed in.
"Well, it's nice to know you've been meeting random criminals behind my back."
We all turned around to be greeted by Trevor. A knot formed in my stomach.
"Where is my child?"
I questioned.
"You mean our child? I found a babysitter. He's more than safe, sweetheart. Now, what's the plan?"
"We're trying to figure out which accomplice will be best for our needs. Claude would probably be easy to find, with Niko knowing the streets of Liberty especially. CJ would be a great asset, although difficult to pinpoint. He's definitely alive and well, just not in the Grove anymore. It's possible he fled back to the city as well."
Paige glanced over at me and continued.
"Since Bryn knows the whereabouts of Mr. Vercetti, perhaps it would be easier to pursue him with the opportunity first."
"But ain't he older than retirement?"
Michael chimed in.
"Hey dawg, you came out of retirement. I'm sure if this dude came all the way from Vice City to claim territory and shit he ain't nowhere near retired."
Frank chimed in.
"Alright, it's settled then. Our additional members will be Mr. Bellic and Mr. Vercetti, if Vercetti so feels up to it. Now, for the missions."
Paige pulled out a handwritten list.
"It appears as if most of the missions on the list are assassination missions. Pretty straight forward, if you ask me. The only one that jumps out is this..Cayo Perico job? It alarms me that Lester would involve himself with the Madrazo family. But, working for Miguel Madrazo is nowhere near as dangerous as Martin himself. We will start with the simple missions and work our way up to the heist. I'll text you guys with additional information. For now, Bryn-"
Paige turned to me.
"Go contact Vercetti, before he gets away."
I nodded and said my goodbyes, hopping in the car. I looked at the time. 9:17 PM.
Trevor knocked on the locked passenger door, making me jump. I unlocked it for him and he slid in.
"I'm coming with you. I don't trust this guy."
Trevor stated coldly.
"What about the kid? Where even is he?"
"Don't worry about him, peaches. I took him to an..old friend of mine, per say."
"Like who?"
I questioned. Trevor's friends aren't very impressive.
"Fine! If you really want to know, Carter is with Mrs. Madrazo."
"What?!"
My heart stopped. Not only was Trevor contacting her, knowing they have a history together, but he took our son to stay there with her and the crime lord?
"Trevor..Martin doesn't like you."
"And Martin is not there. I dropped him off at Miguel's, where his mother has been staying. I'm sure she'll take good care of him."
"You better be right."
I sighed, heading towards the hotel.
What even was I supposed to tell Tommy? How can we trust him?