Chapter 8

I awoke to the smell of apples and cinnamon. I sat up, wiping my eyes, glancing into the kitchen, where Trevor was preparing breakfast.
"Good morning beautiful. I made your favorite, cinnamon apple waffles."
"You're the best, babe."
I yawned, standing up and making my way to the kitchen, engulfing him in a hug. He smiled, giving me a kiss on top of my head.
"Here, go relax. I'll make you a plate."
He scurried over to the cabinet, gathering plates and utensils. I chuckled.
"What's gotten into you?"
"Oh nothing. I just have some good news for you."
He smiled, sitting the plate in front of me. I scarfed it down and he chuckled.
"So, we're buying a submarine."
"A what?!"
I almost choked on my breakfast.
"Listen, I know it sounds crazy, but I went ahead and talked to Miguel so you wouldn't have to, and this is the next step to taking over Mr. Rubio."
I finished swallowing and took a drink of water, sighing.
"Who? What exactly did you two plan, Trevor? I was supposed to be there."
"I know, sweetie, but you just seemed so stressed. And it seems simple enough. We're just getting that dirt off of the Madrazo name. In the process, we can collect what we find."
"But who is 'we?' We need a crew for this more than likely, Trevor."
"Yeah, I know. Me, you, that weird Tommy guy and we'll see if Franklin or Mikey will wanna jump in."
Trevor yawned, leaning back.
"How can we even trust this Tommy guy? I mean sure, he talks a big game but where does his loyalties lie?"
"Guy was on Lester's list. He can't be too bad."
I sighed, nodding.
"I guess I'll call Paige and see what's next."
The screaming sound of a child interrupted my thoughts. I sighed, starting to walk in there, but was beaten by Trevor.
I dialed Paige's number and listened for the dial tone.
"Hey, what's up? Did you talk to Tommy?"
Paige asked.
"Yeah, I did. And Trevor went ahead and talked to Miguel. Something about buying a submarine for this island thing."
"Yeah, I looked a little into Lester's notes. Apparently it would serve as a base of operations. Pretty smart, since it's mobile."
"I reluctantly have to agree on that one."
I sighed.
"So, what's next? Should we pursue the assassinations or?"
"I need you to take Tommy on an assassination with you. Sure, it's an easy task, but this will tell where his loyalties lie. I've already gotten the stocks set up for these. We will sell them as we kill these guys off."
"Alright, makes sense. Where should we start?"
"Well, let's see here..there's 5 assassinations from the looks of it. There's one with multiple targets..it seems the most tedious and pushed for time, so let's go with that one. I'll forward the information to Tommy and y'all can meet me here tonight around dusk."
"What about the other assassinations?"
I asked.
"I'm going to contact Franklin and Mr. Bellic. Perhaps they can assist with this. I'll also dial Michael too, although from his call logs it seems like him and his wife are going through it again."
"Oh, great. Alright, I'll see you soon."
With that the call ended, and I turned to Trevor, who was holding Carter and his bottle.
I smiled.
"So, what did she say?"
Trevor asked.
I sighed.
"Well, I gotta meet her at the factory at dusk. She wants Tommy and I to do an assassination together. To see if he's trustworthy."
"I don't trust that guy, Bryn. Just something..something about his aura. Can I go instead?"
"I don't think that would be smart, Trevor. He's more likely to try and screw me over than you. You're a scary motherfucker, T."
Trevor chuckled.
"I mean, I guess you're right on that part. But what if he tries something with you?"
"Then I'll shoot his fucking dick off. Besides, he's in his 60s, I doubt he can even get it up."
I placed my hand on his cheek, caressing it with my thumb. I peered into his eyes, which were full of doubt and jealousy.
"Trust me, Trevor. I love you. Nothings gonna happen. Don't get distracted fighting the alligators that you forget to clean the swamp. I promise, this is just business."
Trevor sighed, leaning in for a kiss. I accepted it and took Carter. Trevor quietly exited the trailer, a unique, unsure look plastered across his face. I assumed he was going to yell at Ron to ease his frustrations.
I pulled out my phone and texted Tommy.
"Mr. Vercetti, it's Bryn. Paige has our first task in the works. I'll meet you at the factory around dusk. She will send you more details soon."

(A/N: I'm sorry this is shorter than the usual chapter. I've been super busy this holiday week. :( I promise, more updates soon! Hope everyone had a great holiday and love you all xx)