Depression

Theres a few things to be said to be said about depression..

Dear god depression hurts. Its like this permentnant ten pound weight sitting on your chest and always restricting your breath. Your stomach constantly aches with anxiety and anger , and sometimes you dont even know what that anger is directed at and you feel so confused like your lost . A constant stream of horrible thoughts like self harm and sometimes in the most extreme of cases suicide are flitting across your mind telling you to do it , it will help. You feel so lost half the time . Like life was this maze you were navigating just fine until suddenly it sent you spinnning you just dont know where you are.

Depression is colorless. You see everything in greys and blacks. Grim. Nothing holds real happiness for you anymore and you cant really see the point of contiuing.

Depression paints a fake smile. You can wake up every morining and you see your real self. The tears dripping down your face in agony and angry red slashes on your arm marring your skin. But you take a deep breath and put your paintbrush to your face and paint a joyous attitude all over your self. Nobody's going to bother to look past it anyways. Nobody cares enought to bother with it.

And depression robs you of everything. Depression is a theif. It takes what it wants and only you can get it back . If someone would just take the damn time to see past your painted smile.

Depression is a diesease. Depression hurts everybody involved. And sometimes depression leads to the worst . suicide or self harm.

But we are not powerless. If you know someone with depression dont treat them like an invalid but know they have a diesease , something they cant control. It is not a state of mind. Help them when they scream and cry and ignore andy harsh words because people say strange things when theyre in a rage.

Sometimes the saddest people smile the brightest

and the happiest are the most damaged.

and you never know

You may save a life.