VALENTINE

'i love the light in your eyes and the dark in your heart'

VALENTINE!

LYSSA VALE always felt that she didn't quite see eye-to-eye with the Jedi Order. Unconventional, but undeniably powerful, she often felt out of step and disconnected from many of the highest ranking Masters in the Order. But not her Master. Taken as a Padawan at just five, many believed that she was too young, but she had easily mastered Form I lightsaber combat and her intrinsic knowledge and use of the Force was unparalleled amongst the Younglings her age and older. And so, despite the Council advising him otherwise, Master Dooku Serenno took her on as a Padawan and taught her well.

But then everything fell apart.

With the death of Qui-Gon Jinn on Naboo, Master Dooku's disillusionment with the Jedi Order reached a tipping point and he returned to his home planet to reclaim his title and fortune, leaving his Padawan behind with no Master and a sadness that took years to break through and overcome.

She wasn't forgotten about, quite the opposite, and her years with Master Windu are some of her fondest memories, but the way others looked at her never allowed her to forget that she was the abandoned one, the dangerous one, the indoctrinated one.

After being Knighted, her doubts about the Order and her place within it become more pressing than ever after a vision causes her to leave the safety of Coruscant in search of further knowledge about the Force, something that she believes should be at the forefront of the Jedi way, something that has fallen to the wayside in order to make room for loyalty to the Republic.

Imaginations run wild: to some, she abandoned the Jedi way in the same manner as her ex-Master, running off to join Count Dooku wherever he may be. To others, she's taking an extended sabbatical and they just don't know when she'll be back. And to those that she truly trusts — a small number and an even smaller chance of it widening — they can feel her learning. They can feel her soul burning brighter as she strengthens her connection to the very thing that ties life and creation itself together.

Lyssa Vale is growing into the Jedi she's always wanted to be and the Force is with her. Always.

▲✦★  ★✦▲

DEDICATIONS!

starkillers- | WHORV06 | -SUNSOFVENUS | norasnetflix

▲✦★ ★✦▲

DISCLAIMER!

I don't own any part of the Star Wars universe and any recognisable storylines/dialogue apart from Lyssa and any divergent storylines/dialogue.

'you love our permanent chase and the bite of our bark'