XI

"Let's go out on a date..." Jung Kook proposed. His arms are around Minji's body.

Minji let out a small laugh. "You're supposed to be at work."

"So you can meet Augustus?" His heart ached once again at his suspicions.

"Told you...no work for me today...Just you and me..." He kissed her forehead and embraced her tighter earning a groan from her.

"Yeah..yeah..."Minji tried to get off. Jung Kook has become annoyed at this point so he stood and pulled Minji into their bathroom.

"Babe..." They are still naked and they both gasped when the water from the shower landed on their bodies.

"You can't say no to me..." He smiled before squeezing Minji's favorite shower gel and rubbing it on her chest. Minji bit her lip.

"Okay...for the record, It's okay if you have to leave again to go to work while we are dating.."She chuckled.

"I won't leave...let's bet on it if you don't want to believe me." He playfully suggested while rubbing shampoo on Minji's hair.

Minji's clung her soapy arms on him. "Hmmmm...yo u do laundry this week if I win."

Jung Kook laughed and Minji pinched him before scrubbing her husband's neck.

"If I win, you'll be with me on a trip...just the two of us..like a second honeymoon." Minji's smile got wider.

"Babe, I hope you win..." Minji pulled him closer and they both enjoyed shower.

*****

Jung Kook sat on the edge of the bed while texting his employees the things he want to see on his desk when he returns to work tomorrow. He's been replying to text messages because Minji is taking time with her hair and make-up. He walked towards her and carried her to sit on his lap. Minji slapped his arm because her liquid eyeliner smudged.

"Babe..look what you did!" She pulled one sheet of make-up wipes and began to do her eye make-up all over again.

"What's taking you so long?" He asked with his knitted brows.

"Wanna look pretty for you." She smiled and fanned her eyes.

"But you're always pretty for me..." He brushed her hair. He always liked the bare-faced Minji, how simple she was and how she looks stunning even in basics, but since the company got bigger, she also began to receive attention and even he was hurt when people started to talk about how plain looking she is and although he told her dozens of times not to get affected, she did. She saw how the wives of CEOs and Directors interact and he knows she felt left-out because she doesn't wear designer brands, she didn't have a personal trainer and she is not friends with an art director, a celebrity or someone famous. She likes to talk about books and the twins, the crochet she made, the food she cooked, the funny video she saw online and how she organize the spices, but no one was interested in hearing her so for a while they made her feel that she doesn't belong, that she was just a doll that Jung Kook picked on the street and fixed.

Minji went to their dresser and picked a floral dress   and scanned it. Then, she scrolled her phone.

"Babe...who are you texting?" He is getting irritated.

"No one babe. Just looking thru my gallery I wore this dress before..." She kept on scrolling. "Ugh..I did! At the ribbon-cutting of M Cafe." She hung the dress back in the dresser. He went to her again.

"Babe, we're going to the mall. Stop dollying up." Then he handed her the first blouse that he picked from the dresser.

She unfolded the blouse and looked at it. It is a sheer collared black blouse. "But what if someone...sees us?" Her face became worried. She doesn't want to be the talk among their circle agaim because of her fashion style. A reporter once commented behind her back that she looks more like Jung Kook's personal assistant rather than his wife and that made her cry so much. So she enrolled in various classes: from etiquette to make-up and personality development. After she learned elegance, she was slowly accepted into the society and the people in their circle started noticing her. Now, she matters. But even Jung Kook finds it superficial what her stepping stones are because Minji isn't superficial and she could've made it on her own had their circle been different.