XLVI

"Babe...I'm running late today. Emergency. I asked George to pick you up. I told Emi that George will be there." Jung Kook called her. There is a tightness in her chest being with Lily all day. The two of them did not talk, however, she made sure that her voice is loud enough for Minji to hear how she tells everyone that "her man" loves her so much.

"We'll be together...soon." And then she mockingly smiled at Minji.

"Minji, George is here..."Emi announced. Lily smiled at her waved her hand.

"Say hi to Jung Kook for me, Mrs. Jeon." Minji did not answer because she is maintaining her composure. She went outside the restaurant, a bubbling anger inside her then she saw a muscular man wearing basic white shirt and denim, waiting for her.

"Minji!" George opened the car for her and she was silent all the way home.

****
It was already past 11 PM when Jung Kook returned home. He was exhausted for the day and has no energy to eat dinner. When he opened their bedroom door, he saw Minji sleeping already. He showered immediately and laid next to her. Minji woke up and embraced him and Jung Kook saw that she is wearing red lingerie, like he requested.

"You missed dessert." She kissed his lips. They snuggled for a while.

"Hows first day of class?" He asked and she can feel her head ache again.

"Good...babe, do you love me?" Minji asked.

"Very much." He kissed her forehead. "I love you, Minji."

Minji has a lot of thoughts running in her head, Aera's story about Lily mostly and she hated it.

"T--there's this girl at class...her name's Lily. She said she used to be your secretary." Minji, as much as she wants to keep it a secret, knows that this will led to another misunderstanding and she doesn't want that again. When they promised to start over, she promised an all out honesty.

Jung Kook turned on the lampshade. "Did she tell you anything?" Minji shook her head, waiting for Jung Kook for his turn in honesty.

"I see. She was my secretary before Aera...Babe, let's sleep yea? I'll make it up to you tomorrow." He kissed her forehead and laid on the bed and Minji is trying hard to fight the disappointment that she is starting to feel.

***
6 months, 2 weeks, 6 days before their 10th anniversary...

"Oh...we can't get married yet. He has a lot of things to settle. But we are planning on it." Lily answered when a mom asked her about her love life. She can hear her blabber how "her man" is handsome, tall, with rock-hards abs and filthy rich is in love with her.

Minji almost cut her finger while cutting spring onions. Today, they are making beef bone soup, Jung Kook's favorite but Robert is teaching them how to do it with a twist.

"It is your choice if you want your soup milky or a bit dark. Personally, I like the muddy version better." Robert roamed around.

"Lily, the flame's too low..." Robert adjusted Lily's stove and Lily thanked him.

"I hope, I hope I can get this right, Mr. Davis. My man really likes this soup. He also likes it darker." She innocently smiled.

Minji kept quiet all the time.

When the class is over, Minji stayed behind to make potato pancake for the twins.

"Minji, are you almost done? Emi called twice already." Robert asked.

"Yes, I'm sorry for using your room. I haven't done groceries yet."

"None taking. Can you close the room, though? I just need to create a menu for tomorrow...and don't waste my potatoes." Minji agreed. She just poured the grated potatoes in the pan, waiting for the side to be cooked when Lily entered the room.